Scheifele hit on Evans - 4 game suspension PART VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"Rule 42 of the NHL rulebook dictates that charging "shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A 'charge' may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice." The infraction may warrant any severity of penalty or combination of penalties as the officials deem fit, including a major plus a game misconduct, or suspension if the infraction results in injury to the opposing player."

Everyone saying this is anything but a suspension is blatantly wrong. It's textbook charging, no matter how much you want to say "modern day people are pansies!!!" or "outrage culture is ruining the world" or "real men would have gotten up from that hit!".

Ondrej The Giant

May 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Seems to be the right amount of games for what transpired IF the precedent was set and enforced thus far. But of course WPG is a small market team so the NHL finds it easy to throw the book at them while previous recent suspensions seem rather light. A first time offender gets ripped a new one (rightfully so) in comparison to repeat offenders but alas, the wheel of justice keeps on turning...

Last edited:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It bothers me that Scheifele got 4 games for this and Bennett only got 1 for his hit on Coleman.

lots of similarities. Bennett was charging, clearly only had intent to hit, checked from behind, it was violent...

i guess injury is pretty much the main factor. It’s sad actually. If Evans gets up from this hit right away, I bet it’s just a game, maybe 2.

That’s what pisses me off about DOPS’ decisions.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I'm okay with the decision, but leaving the door open for Scheifele to play again this series if it goes to 6+ games allows for the ugliness that could happen at that time.

I really wish the decision was actually "for the remainder of the series with Montreal." Can the DOPS hand down a ruling of this sort?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I thought it would be 3 games but I'll take 4. Shiefele was frustrated the whole game and he was looking for targets. He 100% had the intention of hitting Evans with no hesitation in a vulnerable position. The hit was dirty and not worthy. He will pay for it now.
I've heard some say he lied during his Hearing, so possible it may have been 3 for the hit itself and 1 for lying.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
My new favorite conspiracy theory is that because George Parros played for the Habs he made this decision to help them win the Series.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here like 'George Parros played for the Habs? Huh. I completely missed that'

pretty sure Parros would rather forget his experience with the Habs. legit cracked his head on the ice in the season opener in a fight against Colton Orr

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
My new favorite conspiracy theory is that because George Parros played for the Habs he made this decision to help them win the Series.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here like 'George Parros played for the Habs? Huh. I completely missed that'

Yup...a whopping 22 games.

( Technically dressed for 22 games at least).

Reactions: dukeofjive and Mez

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Every time a hit like this happens, we see the ugly side of humanity in these threads. Some of the takes are absolutely embarrassing.

Hopefully Evans is alright. The hit is indefensible by any reasonable, logical human who can see.

The ugly side of humanity is even having a sport like that.

Reactions: Tequila Mockingbird

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It bothers me that Scheifele got 4 games for this and Bennett only got 1 for his hit on Coleman.

lots of similarities. Bennett was charging, clearly only had intent to hit, checked from behind, it was violent...

i guess injury is pretty much the main factor. It’s sad actually. If Evans gets up from this hit right away, I bet it’s just a game, maybe 2.

That’s what pisses me off about DOPS’ decisions.

Parros just spins the wheel; it's like The Price is Right but without the fabulous prizes and Barker's Beauties...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad