Scheifele draft pick

jetkarma*

Everybody at the time

PS What happened to the option to embed Youtube videos? I don't see it anymore.

I was very confused at the time of the Trouba pick. I felt like I had done a lot of research but apparently I completely just failed to acknowledge his existence. In my defense though I was really hoping we would draft Hertl or Maatta, obviously happy with Trouba but either of those guys would have been nice too.

Funny Trouba story: Did anybody go to the under-16 tournament when it was in Winnipeg? 2009 I think? There was a game that I went to versus the US where a kid ran our goalie and for the rest of the night the whole arena booed him every time he touched the puck. A debate ensued involving my family and friends who I had went with whether it was right to boo a 16 year old kid out of a building and if it could be damaging to somebody that age.

Fast forward to 2012 and I'm reading an interview with our new 1st round draft pick Jacob Trouba and he says "it'll be interesting going back to Winnipeg, last time I was there I got booed out of the city." I do some research and manage to find a gamesheet for the game I was at and sure enough, Trouba's on the gamesheet with a penalty for goalie interference. So I guess it didn't impact him too negatively.

EDIT: It was the Under 17's and it was in 2011, my bad.
You should check the TSN interview at the draft with James Duthie and Cheveldayoff and Trouba regarding him running the Canadian goalie at the world U17 , as the say .... PRICELESS :)

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Everybody at the time

PS What happened to the option to embed Youtube videos? I don't see it anymore.

I was very confused at the time of the Trouba pick. I felt like I had done a lot of research but apparently I completely just failed to acknowledge his existence. In my defense though I was really hoping we would draft Hertl or Maatta, obviously happy with Trouba but either of those guys would have been nice too.

Funny Trouba story: Did anybody go to the under-16 tournament when it was in Winnipeg? 2009 I think? There was a game that I went to versus the US where a kid ran our goalie and for the rest of the night the whole arena booed him every time he touched the puck. A debate ensued involving my family and friends who I had went with whether it was right to boo a 16 year old kid out of a building and if it could be damaging to somebody that age.

Fast forward to 2012 and I'm reading an interview with our new 1st round draft pick Jacob Trouba and he says "it'll be interesting going back to Winnipeg, last time I was there I got booed out of the city." I do some research and manage to find a gamesheet for the game I was at and sure enough, Trouba's on the gamesheet with a penalty for goalie interference. So I guess it didn't impact him too negatively.

EDIT: It was the Under 17's and it was in 2011, my bad.

have you never seen the background of Trouba's twitter profile?

https://twitter.com/JacobTrouba

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
For more funtimed and a little more balanced reading after most of the shock had worn off: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=932145

Lots of visitors from other fanbases in there.

Oh man, within that thread we see where pcanucks disdain for Chevy was born!

WTF!!!!! If we wanted him this bad, we could have traded down to like 12-13 with Calgary! This was a huge mistake! A rookie kid with one year with Barrie! Heck, TSN was lost when they made the pick - Reminds me of the Bautin choice! Awful! We might regret this for a decade. Courturer was #1 overall earlier in the year and was #3 overall in central scouting. I AM ANGRY!

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Should still be there - might have to go to "Advanced" mode to get to it. The code is simple though:

[noparse][/noparse]

...which results in:

Checked again, not there for me anymore. I'll remember the code for future reference though.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Nothing wrong about saying you didn't like a draft or you liked a pick but seriously just own up to it if you made a mistake about it. I like Sutter when he was drafted, I watched him play almost 20 games that season, many of them live. He hasn't progressed but regressed since then. Looks like I missed the boat there. But so what it happens not everything is going to come out roses, that is the nature of the draft.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Nothing wrong about saying you didn't like a draft or you liked a pick but seriously just own up to it if you made a mistake about it. I like Sutter when he was drafted, I watched him play almost 20 games that season, many of them live. He hasn't progressed but regressed since then. Looks like I missed the boat there. But so what it happens not everything is going to come out roses, that is the nature of the draft.

Sutter sure has struggled. Credit to the Jets though, so far they've impressed me with their ability to walk away from busts before investing anything substantial (time or money) into them. It's infinitely smarter to identify the busts early and cut bait than trying to justify a bad pick by wasting a spot in the system with him. Anyone know how Zach Yuen is doing on the third pairing of his East Coast league team this year? :laugh: http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/6/2/4388552/winnipeg-jets-zach-yuen-cheveldayoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad