Pre-Game Talk: SCF Rehearsal Part I: Leafs Vs Hawks ;), Oct. 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealRockNRolla

Oct 5, 2017
Really want to see Hossa vs Lupul, oh wait........

Genuinely stoked for this game, two offensive juggernauts taking each other on, just hope it isn't anti-climatic and finishes 1-0. I think our forward group are going to create a lot of problems for teams all season with our speed and skill.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Carrick, Sparks, Timashov (maybe add picks) is a package I'd throw around for an upgrade. Timashov looks to be destined for limited playing time once again this year with the Marlies depth.
What's this upgrading, our 3rd line in the AHL?
Could be a trade too. Only saying this because Babcock pretty much confirmed we arent done on the trade front. With 4 goalies in AHL something has to happen. We need a big upgrade RHD cant continue with Carrick or both rookies together. We shall see.
Nah Babcock could've easily meant they're trying to loan a goalie out, not a trading confirmation at all

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I would rather like to see a low scoring game with intelligent defense from the Leafs and a win...I know they can score, but Jesus H. Christ, the defense is...I mean Leafs were leading 5-1...and then it's 5-5.

Swear to God I was having Vietnam flashbacks to that game 7 against Boston.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Yeah, the Leafs need to be a lot better defensively tomorrow. That's a given though.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I sense a 1-0 game coming up.
Maybe a 1-0 game will happen somewhere in the NHL on Monday. But it sure as heck isn't going to be between these two teams. Both of them have scored 15 goals in 2 games. They aren't going through this one only scoring a single time in total.

Leafs need to stay focused and show up for the whole game. That's the biggest issue right now. They can't take time off and expect to win. Would like to see Borgman back in just for some additional physicality back there and someone who will actively move guys out from in front of Andersen. If he can see what is going on, I have faith he'll stop as many as he needs to in order to win.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Would be epic if Leafs beat the crap out of hawks;

Sat: Leafs win
Sun: Justice League trailer released
Mon: Leafs win + Last Jedi trailer

THIS would be an epic long weekend!

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
After the shinny from the past 2 games, I wouldn't mind a nice, well-structured 3-0 game just to change things up a bit.....

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Lundqvist just gave our team a major compliment.
He talked about them playing a team last night with great speed and talent and if your not ready you will lose.
Also said our team is the face of the NHL now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad