Pre-Game Talk: SCF Rehearsal Part I: Leafs Vs Hawks ;), Oct. 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
- Both teams have scored 15 goals in 2 games

If this trend continues; we are in for a humdinger of a game on Monday.

Babcock; please keep the JVR-Bozak duo away from Kane's line. Thanks!

And Hawks, we know you got Toews, Kane, Keith and you guys got Saad and Sharp back

You know who we got? (gif below courtesy of @Max Money)

$

Reactions: Rogie and AppsSyl

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Should be a good tilt but it's not going to be easy against these damn Hawks

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Essentially we'll be seeing Kadri's line versus Kane's line, Matthews line against Toews line and Marner's line sheltered again (assuming there is no line changes). It basically comes down to how effectively Kadri's line can shut down Kane, and if Matthews line can break through Toews. Defensively the teams are quite similar, just have to give the edge to Chicago due to track record from Keith, but they've slowed down in that regard this season (from the eye test).

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Bring em on... they better be up for scoring another 10 because they are going to have to to beat us. 7 vs the blimps, 8 vs the old rag dolls, 9 is in store for kane and the boys. Oh and I want borg in so he can run kane and break the main board.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Both teams have scored 15 goals in 2 games but Hawks have only given up 2. Babs will have to do his magic in order to tighten up the D or it could be our first loss.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Unless they tidy up the D in a hurry better chance Hawks win by three or more than Leafs do. As such I see a close game but would give Thanks if we thrash them 5-2 or worse.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Bring em on... they better be up for scoring another 10 because they are going to have to to beat us. 7 vs the blimps, 8 vs the old rag dolls, 9 is in store for kane and the boys. Oh and I want borg in so he can run kane and break the main board.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The Cap Circumventors Cup

Maybe they could get that "Cheetah Energy Drink" to sponsor the trophy?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Both teams have scored 15 goals in 2 games but Hawks have only given up 2. Babs will have to do his magic in order to tighten up the D or it could be our first loss.

Hawks shut down pens (B2B for pens rhough)

3rd d pairing out there with bozo line; and if they get caught on a line change or icing Andy is our only hope!

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Well if we do I hope they are better than the last preseason game. Borgman was fine, Rosen was not. I almost want to say Carrick is going to be a piece in a trade. We all should know by now there is a secondary move coming after trading for Pickard. We already have enough goalies down in the AHL Sparky, Kask, and I believe Cal Heeter, surely "4s a crowd."

I said it last night as well if we dont clean up our game we are going to get lit up. Chicago is a hot as us on the score sheet, and they are firing on all cylinders.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The Leafs lost the season series vs. Chicago - but the thing is, the Leafs easily could (and should) have won both games. The Game in Chicago - we blew the lead, and hte game in Toronto, Crawford went legend.. we can totally and completely "hang" with Chicago.

I honestly have the feeling this game is going to end up being like 2-1, 3-2 in nature (it just has this feeling) but honestly, i would love to see like a 12-11 game (us winning) before we settle down and everything.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yes I know Chicago is a very good team and probably better defensively but I am sure we are very deep defensively and all of you lines are a real threat to score (specially the 1st 3 lines) - it's going to be a close game but we are going to win this game

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Could be a trade too. Only saying this because Babcock pretty much confirmed we arent done on the trade front. With 4 goalies in AHL something has to happen. We need a big upgrade RHD cant continue with Carrick or both rookies together. We shall see.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Carrick, Sparks, Timashov (maybe add picks) is a package I'd throw around for an upgrade. Timashov looks to be destined for limited playing time once again this year with the Marlies depth.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
If its a top 4 or 5 RHD we need to give up more salary those players make very little. Why bury Pickard? He is younger and same or better than Curtis. So long term trading Curtis with your above makes most sense. I also think itd be leivo carrick curtis..remember we have a boat load of wingers say kappy or johnsson that can come up. Or this..if we choose fehr/moore..trade the other so say carrick fehr curtis..that plus a 3rd or conditional should get a decent upgradenot a star but a more solid RHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad