BRUINS GDT SCF GAME 7 - St. Louis (3) at BRUINS (3) - Third Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I legitimately shed a tear or two.

This f***ing sucks so much. So much more than losing to Chicago. So much more than the Patriots losing in 07.

This teams run really picked me up the past 6 weeks, when I've needed it being unemployed, and having no success finding anything. Its been such an amazing distraction.

I'm just sad. Not even mad, sad.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-06-12-22-55-15~2.png

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
They have the biggest, most punishing defenseman in the history of the game. And Kevan Miller, and the Kuraly-Acciari duo. To say there's no size and grit on this team is laughable. This team is similarly constructed to the Blackhawks, Caps & Pens - significant skill up front, D who can transition the puck up. They simply didn't finish this year like those teams did.

This team was one bad call and a couple of bounces away from winning the Stanley Cup. To say that design "won't work" when it's repeatedly worked is inaccurate.

They're ok size wise but come on man. Chara is beyond over the hill kuraly is an unreal forechecker and speedy but nope. Acciari and miller sure. The blues aee far larger overall and more physically intimidating

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I want a tougher team that is more the identity of the Boston Bruins. Blues proved you can still have a tough team and win. You dont need to go all soft skilled and small. If this was 2011 it would have been a bloodbath. Instead the Bruins took a beaten all series long and it cost them when they started losing all board battles. I dont want to go for a run with this same team. I want changes. Not crazy, but again lets get back to the identity of the Bruins

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Feels like the type of loss that could derail the franchise for a good period of time.

Get absolutely embarrassed on your home ice in a game 7 like that.

I would have rather lost to Columbus
It's not that it's a "blow up the core" loss, but seriously, this was a wide open window. f***ing Tampa and Washington went out. All the good teams in the west lost early. We should've won this series in 5 at worst. It's completely embarrassing.

Yeah, the refs f***ed us up the ass in game 5. The Blues got lucky in game 2 by injuring Gryz. But to not bury these assholes when you kicked their ass in the three games you won and to lose three times at home is just the worst.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
f***ing brutal. Nice for the blues to get their first cup but we didn’t show up for this one.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
This might be the worst bruins loss ever

At least the 2013 Blackhawks and 1979 Habs were legitimately great.
It sucks, but it almost seems to cancel out what was otherwise an amazing season.

This is probably what the Lakers felt like when they lost to the Rasheed Wallace/Ben Wallace Pistons. Or the Kurt Warner Rams losing to the Pats. Choked-away titles.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Shitty game by Rask but he was hung out to dry. Bulk of the blame should be centred on Bruins 1st line, where the f were those guys? Very strong playoffs by Rask otherwise. Sad it had to end this way.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Not saying they lost just because of the ice either, but the B's play better on a good ice surface where the puck is not always bouncing and easier to handle which makes their passing game much better

This ice in Boston does not help their cause ...but it is what it is
Well it should be better next year, according to Fenway anyway.

I think they score in the first on better ice. ******* bouncing puck.

Reactions: bobbyorr04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad