SCF Game 6: 8:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Reading this thread and watching everyone shit on Darcy Kuemper is gold.

Uhh, they won in spite of DK.

Anyway, glad to see the veterans hoist the Cup, always a moving visual. I could see the Avs going on a Tampa-esque run.

The Avs had some puck luck, but ultimately their speed/forecheck wore the Bolts down. The Bolts were known as one of the quickest teams in the league, but they couldn't replace that with the salary cap. Paul actually has some mobility, but he was clearly laboring.

Great hockey overall, wish it went to 7.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Anyway, glad to see the veterans hoist the Cup, always a moving visual. I could see the Avs going on a Tampa-esque run.

The Avs had some puck luck, but ultimately their speed/forecheck wore the Bolts down. The Bolts were known as one of the quickest teams in the league, but they couldn't replace that with the salary cap. Paul actually has some mobility, but he was clearly laboring.

It was really amazing in this last game to watch the Avs get absolutely clear shots at the goalie and our guys just could not create pressure on Kuemper.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017

He let in 1 goal in an elimination game. He just won the stanley cup. I'm not saying he's the best goalie in the world, but the hyperbole about him was crazy over the top.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Congrats to the Avs! The better team won and it's been a couple of years coming for you. A great team with great players. I'm in awe of how good Makar is. Enjoy it Avs fans!

There seems to be a lot of jealous people in this thread. Must suck your team will never have a three year period like Tampa just had.

jake07

Sep 11, 2011
Quebec City
192851209_5940413665999261_5391624633433853820_n.jpg

Reactions: Nihiliste

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Good catch. Either way it doesn’t happen very often. It’s tough to go back to the SCF immediately after a tough loss the previous year.
Not necessarily...a couple guys could end up injured for most of the regular season. By pure chance, of course!

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
So much disrespect towards Tampa Bay from fans of teams who havent won anything in past 30 years.

Gloryhunting Colorado I assume.
I don't understand the disrespect of the Bolts and their accomplishments. And I really can't tolerate the TB fans whining about the officiating. Not unique to them but God it's tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad