GDT: SCF Game #4 - Sharks vs Penguins - 5:00pm PDT NBC / CBC / TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Its happening again.

With thornton on the ice the sharks have a 26-24 edge in shots 52%.

Without thornton on the ice the shots go 37-80 loss in shots 31%.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Its happening again.

That's deceptive because I think couture has similar numbers.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I still just don't understand what kind of injury Hertl could have sustained to likely his lower back that would keep him out for the series if after that hit from Hornqvist he was able to still play the rest of the period. Or am I wrong did he not play after that hit? I thought he did. I'd really like to know more about his injury but we likely won't hear anything more than "lower body injury and hes day to day". I'm just really disappointed for the kid, he deserves the opportunity to play the rest of the series. He's worked so hard and had such a great season and post season, its just not fair. Really hope we can extend it so that maybe he can play.

I will be very disappointed if Hertl is out for the series. We need all the help we can get already and just lost one of our best forwards at the most inopportune time of the playoff run. Even PDB said that Hertl was arguably our best player in the 1st 2 games of this series.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
If it is then that is even scarier.

I could be wrong but the third line for two games was in the 30% range. So even if the 4th like was like 45 and couture was 50 the sharks would still be like 40% without jumbo

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I could be wrong but the third line for two games was in the 30% range. So even if the 4th like was like 45 and couture was 50 the sharks would still be like 40% without jumbo

I would post the article but my phone isn't allowing me share it.

And it is just even strength. But i am sure you knew that already lol.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Its happening again.

Okay so that's easy, play Thornton 60 minutes. You're welcome San Jose.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Man not having Hertl again is a bummer.

But...**** it. To quote...myself

Gimme star gimme stripe gimme dabajabaza!

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
good god, I tried to read the general playoff forums today, what a freaking mistake.

the amount of bait and trolling going on is insane, apparently the ref jose sharks are obstruction kings #1

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I hope they obstruct and hold the living **** out of the Pens. We've been beaten by that kind of play before, time to benefit for once.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
good god, I tried to read the general playoff forums today, what a freaking mistake.

the amount of bait and trolling going on is insane, apparently the ref jose sharks are obstruction kings #1

I gave up on that forum shortly after we were locked in. The previous discussions with the Preds/Blues and even Kings fans were almost sane relative to what's going on in there now....

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I hope they obstruct and hold the living **** out of the Pens. We've been beaten by that kind of play before, time to benefit for once.

this.

If the ref's are not going to call it, do it. Also, make the ice as ****** as possible again. Whatever it takes to slow them the heck down, I don't care. No one will remember how we won the cup, just that we did.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX

Yeah, one guy saying the finals suck because the Sharks suck and aren't good enough for the mighty Pens. What *********. If his team is so good, why are they barely, by the skin of their teeth, beating a horrible Sharks team.... because the refs and ice of course!

I'm done with that board.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Yeah, one guy saying the finals suck because the Sharks suck and aren't good enough for the mighty Pens. What *********. If his team is so good, why are they barely, by the skin of their teeth, beating a horrible Sharks team.... because the refs and ice of course!

I'm done with that board.

But didn't you see how perfect the ice was in Pittsburgh? All those bouncing pucks came straight to the Penguin players just like they should be.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
But didn't you see how perfect the ice was in Pittsburgh? All those bouncing pucks came straight to the Penguin players just like they should be.

That's because the penguins are hard workers and so skillfull, they see exactly how the puck will bounce. There is no luck in hockey. DUH

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
CkSmc0YUkAEENnB.jpg

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
I'd like to see the lines switched around a bit...

Donskoi - Thornton - Pavs
Marleau - Cooch - Ward/Melker
Nieto - Tierney - Ward/Melker
Zubrus - Spaling - Wingels

Donskoi has been playing really well. I love the 2nd line as it is, but I don't like Melker up front with the Joes. He has been successful there before, but I feel like he isn't play well enough. Just doesn't bring the same cycle game that Hertl does and doesn't position himself very well. Donskoi is much better in those facets and has played exceptional, so I'd love to see that combination try and go to work.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Re-posting this from another thread where i talked about counterfeit tickets...

Spoke to my Sharks rep about my tickets being re-sold as previously mentioned above. I was told as long as a person has a ticketmaster account, they can theoretically resell their purchased tickets.

Also - there were hundreds of counterfeit tickets on Saturday and they expect the same for today. STH who have posted pictures of their tickets on instagram/facebook etc were denied entry until the Sharks confirmed they did not sell or transfer their tickets. Every single time, there was somebody sitting in their seats with forged tickets. Not sure how good the work was but it had to be good enough to get them in... If the STH arrived first then the forged tickets were denied entry.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Does anyone know what time the street rally will start today? Seems like it will be different than Saturday since there will be people working in downtown sj

Nominally 3 hours before puck drop (IOW 2pm), until 30 minutes before game time (i.e., 4:30).

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Today's rally towel (and t-shirt?) is cartoon of penguins on iceberg surrounded by circling sharks. (See Sharks twitter profile picture)

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Don't mind me, but for some reason I have a seriously bad feeling about this game. I sure hope I'm wrong though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad