GDT: SCF Game #4 - Sharks vs Penguins - 5:00pm PDT NBC / CBC / TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Well since this post works and doesn't work here we go again!

images

XzwdZm6.png

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Rooting for you guys tonight (well, I have been since round 2)! Hoping San Jose comes out gunning and doesn't look back for the entire 60.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
On Saturday I was not happy with the Hertl news. Than I saw Karelsson play and thought, maybe it won't be so bad. I still think one of the keys tonight should be to get Pavelski and Burns going again. Still, for being down 2-1, this has been a really close series, and I expect more of the same tonight.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Does anyone know what time the street rally will start today? Seems like it will be different than Saturday since there will be people working in downtown sj

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know someone already broke the news but thought I'd share this anyway. :cry:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1039232

I really feel bad for the kid if he's done for the series, just not fair. I really do wonder what kind of injury to likely his lower back that he sustained from that hit by Hornqvist. I hope he can come back at some point because we need him. I really do think that even without him though we can beat the Pens.

alex716

Jan 10, 2014
I had forgotten Pavelski could do stuff like that. If he's not effective in front of the net, he will always be a passenger on a line with Thornton. Maybe it's time to split them up and bring in Pavelski the playmaking center. I think he could fill in a similar role as Tierney and do a better job overall. As a playmaking center he doesn't have to drive towards the net at all times. He can play a more conservative positional game, which I know he's really good at. This is how he usually plays for team USA.

Karlsson Thornton Couture
Marleau Pavelski Donskoi
Nieto Tierney Ward
Zubrus Spaling Wingels

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Pavs and Marleau are terrible together.

I would just shift donskoi up and down to create space for those guys.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I had forgotten Pavelski could do stuff like that. If he's not effective in front of the net, he will always be a passenger on a line with Thornton. Maybe it's time to split them up and bring in Pavelski the playmaking center. I think he could fill in a similar role as Tierney and do a better job overall. As a playmaking center he doesn't have to drive towards the net at all times. He can play a more conservative positional game, which I know he's really good at. This is how he usually plays for team USA.

Karlsson Thornton Couture
Marleau Pavelski Donskoi
Nieto Tierney Ward
Zubrus Spaling Wingels

Karlsson Thornton Ward
Marleau Couture Donskoi
Nieto Tierney Pavelski
Zubrus Spaling Wingels

Time to activate blender.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Joe-Joe-Melker
Donkey-Couture-Ward
Patty-Tierney-Nieto
4th line is screwed

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Joe-Joe-Melker
Donkey-Couture-Ward
Patty-Tierney-Nieto
4th line is screwed

I'm not worried about the 4th line. They play like a 4th line. I'm worried about Dillon-Polak. Either they are anchoring our 1st line down or giving up chances.

So many times when they have time and space to make a play and they send it straight to a Pens player to feed the rush. That happened what... 7 different times throughout the game?

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I'm not worried about the 4th line. They play like a 4th line. I'm worried about Dillon-Polak. Either they are anchoring our 1st line down or giving up chances.

So many times when they have time and space to make a play and they send it straight to a Pens player to feed the rush. That happened what... 7 different times throughout the game?

Agreed there, I have also never seen a pair misplay a pass back to them in the offensive zone -> puck slides all the way into our zone -> the Pens player makes up 10-15 feet of ice on the race back to the puck -> Gains possession or even gets a scoring chance out of it. This has happened more then a few times and I just shake my head.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
No - That's what I think the lines should be.

Hertl is confirmed out (possibly for the series)

I still just don't understand what kind of injury Hertl could have sustained to likely his lower back that would keep him out for the series if after that hit from Hornqvist he was able to still play the rest of the period. Or am I wrong did he not play after that hit? I thought he did. I'd really like to know more about his injury but we likely won't hear anything more than "lower body injury and hes day to day". I'm just really disappointed for the kid, he deserves the opportunity to play the rest of the series. He's worked so hard and had such a great season and post season, its just not fair. Really hope we can extend it so that maybe he can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad