Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Come on people, the Blues tied the series, they had to because they know what’s in store for them on Thursday. Whenever we’ve needed the boys to step up, they have and they will again.

All this doom and gloom is bumming me out, y’all gotta stop. lol
The lineup is starting to look like,the emergency department.Its a little concerning is it not.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
They were tied 2-2 with the Leafs. They were tied 2-2 in the second round against the Blue Jackets. Heck, when they won the Cup eight years ago, they trailed the Canucks 2-0 and 3-2 in the series, and had to win Game 7 on the road. The Bruins are home for Games 5 and 7. The advantage is theirs.
True but how relevant is home ice ? I think the status of the series is of more importance. Blues had there backs to the wall last night and probably would have played just as well had the game been played in Boston . Whoever consistently can elevate there game ( string two great games out of 3 ) will win .

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I can’t believe i have to make it through two nights of dance class, two sleeps, and two and a half office days before puck drop. Not to mention this gross taste in my mouth left from game 4.

Tick. Tock.

Reactions: DKH and BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Doesn’t each team, the coaches anyway, meet with the officials in private before or after each game? Wish this would all just be handled privately.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Who ever wins game 5 will go on to hoist the Stanley Cup :stanley::win:

I tend to agree but don’t think that’s a solid enough prediction

Let’s say hypothetically the bruins win game 5. The blues are going to come out scorching in game 6 at home. If they take that one, they’re essentially playing with house money in game 7 and to me that has upset for the bruins written all over it (shades of 2014 against the Habs)

Now if the blues win game 5, in some ways I like the bruins chances more. They play up against it and if they can win game 6, they’re going back to Boston knowing they lost the last two at home.

But, I’ll take the bird in hand. Win game 5

craws

Apr 16, 2015
True but how relevant is home ice ? I think the status of the series is of more importance. Blues had there backs to the wall last night and probably would have played just as well had the game been played in Boston . Whoever consistently can elevate there game ( string two great games out of 3 ) will win .

Agree completely. The Blues play better on the road than at home and the Bruins play better at home than on the road. That just means that Thursday will be a barn-burner. It's hard to imagine this series NOT going 7 games.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If anything, with the diving and whatnot, the way these games have been worked by the stripes, shouldn’t this lend itself more towards a series like Vancouver? The Bruins have to be extremely frustrated with how this has gone but know that they are the better team. The two wins were comfortable. The two losses were by 1 shot. Same as the Vancouver series through 4.

Show up or shut up.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
lets not let up a goal under a minute in thursday for starters.

also our line changes suck. that 3rd goal happened because of a bad change by our #1 line.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
They were tied 2-2 with the Leafs. They were tied 2-2 in the second round against the Blue Jackets. Heck, when they won the Cup eight years ago, they trailed the Canucks 2-0 and 3-2 in the series, and had to win Game 7 on the road. The Bruins are home for Games 5 and 7. The advantage is theirs.

Yeah but will they take advantage of it? Stay tuned...

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
People can throw out stats and predictions all they want but it means absolutely nothing. What we DO know is that this team has played through every challenge thrown their way the entire season and playoffs. For those that have no faith or belief in this team, I just don't know what to say to you. Nobody likes losing and right after a game loss, I get the doom and gloom people feel, but shrug it off and look at the complete picture - what facts are there that this team can't win it all?

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad