GDT: SCF Game 3: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens 7/2/21 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
I think Dom will have a negative impact. Luke did a tremendous job in the Vegas series and his efforts are going unnoticed
I disagree. Luke had different body language in the post-game interviews, looked gassed.
He's getting out-coached in-game and he knows it.

Good news is that he can now focus again on D. We played pretty well last game, but I expect an even better game from us tonight. Whether that translates to a win is to be determined, as I don't think we've seen the best from Tampa yet.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The canucks were a good team, and were certainly not a fraud. In those days, they kept running into Chicago in the playoffs, who had built something really special, otherwise they would have had something to show for those rosters.

But they weren't very likable, with guys like Torres, Burrows, lapierre, and Kesler on the same team.

That series turned because the officiating turned. It went from a hockey series to a backyard schoolfight, which played right into the hands of those boston teams. Colin Campbell's son was playing for Boston at the time, so the sudden change in officiating was suspicious.

The thing that changed the Vancouver/Boston series was Luongo. He went from hero when playing at home to complete sieve playing in Boston. That’s not going to happen with Vasilevskiy.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
There's a type of cognitive bias which I forget the name of that gives people a tendency to stubbornly stick with what has worked in the past even if it's no longer working. Gustafsson/Merrill over Romanov seems like an example of it. Won 3 rounds with them in the lineup? Better keep them in and make no adjustments even though they've been a disaster in the current series.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's a type of cognitive bias which I forget the name of that gives people a tendency to stubbornly stick with what has worked in the past even if it's no longer working. Gustafsson/Merrill over Romanov seems like an example of it. Won 3 rounds with them in the lineup? Better keep them in and make no adjustments even though they've been a disaster in the current series.

All play-offs really.. other than the one goal from Gustafsson, he doesn't provide much on the PP.. and Merrill has been caved in every game of the play-offs.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Romanov deserves to be in the lineup.

Not only is he actually a part of the future of this team unlike Gus and Merril, but hes been with the team the whole year.

Plus Tsar Bomba

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
vooodoo doll tampa.gif

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
They win tonight it’s a whole new series . If they can’t win tonight then they probably don’t deserve to win this series, which isn’t a bad thing , considering the team they are playing

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's weird in hockey how a team can look so good against certain opponents but look completely outclassed against another. I got the sense watching both games that the Lightning was always in control even when being outplayed, we can't intimidate them, they have won before and their maturity is showing. They too had to learn how to win and also looked very ordinary before getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad