SCF Game 3: Blues vs. Bruins | 7 pm CT | NBCSN, TVAS,CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
It doesn't change how easy this path to the cup was...walk in the park. Again, no one cares who you played but dont act like you played a bunch of tough teams.

I guess, given you are a known Leafs fan, that if Toronto was in the finals instead of the Bruins, this wouldn't be true. Because it's Toronto, the would off fought tooth and nail to get there.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

member 96824

I would hate to see what the Bruins would have done to the teams that couldn’t beat the ones that advanced in their 7 game series

Reactions: Grasshopperking

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I would hate to see what the Bruins would have done to the teams that couldn’t beat the ones that advanced in their 7 game series
The transitive property doesn't work in sports. No biggie. I didnt mean to touch such a sore spot. No one is saying you dont deserve the cup. I guess all the responses completely validate my post. Thanks.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Thomas was already injured for sure and had been pretty much the entire San Jose series but the Krug hit finished it off.

That strangely makes me feel better. I personally thought it was a beautiful hit by Krug and was surprised it'd be enough to injure and want these teams with as much of their full teams out there as possible.

That's a frustrating loss by The Blues, especially after how they played in game 2. Waiting that long to see that has gotta hurt and I feel a bit bad for you guys.
I remember the '88 and '90 Finals and was at a few of those games and it was just... ugh.
I think the Bruins are the better team throughout the roster but after the first 5 or so minutes your Blues just lost structure and composure. Not sure if it was the big stage, bright lights, or if they just kinda got out-classed by a good team. They kept hitting and that's great but I've said before that The Bruins are simply a very difficult team to wear down. The only times St. Louis could really muster anything was when The Bruins kinda took their foot off the gas when they were up by 4 goals.
Hopefully your team has a better showing in game 4. You fans deserve it.

p.s. Pasta only played 11-12 minutes last night and Bergeron was around 16 or something. Blues can't allow guys like that to have such an easy night at this stage of the season.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
My personal opinion is that the jitters of the first SCF game in St. Louis in 50 years got to the team. It shouldn’t have. It’s no excuse and doesn’t mean Boston wasn’t great last night.

But I do think the jitters got to them and threw them off. I expect a much, much better game from the Blues tomorrow night.

member 96824

My personal opinion is that the jitters of the first SCF game in St. Louis in 50 years got to the team. It shouldn’t have. It’s no excuse and doesn’t mean Boston wasn’t great last night.

But I do think the jitters got to them and threw them off. I expect a much, much better game from the Blues tomorrow night.

100% agree. Bruins can’t sit on their heels and expect to see G1 and G3 Blues. Much more similar to G2 effort coming..but probably even better. The Blues will come out knowing their season is on the line.

Reactions: Bergyesque

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The BRUINS finished the regular season tied for 2nd in the NHL for points 107, while probably leading the NHL in player time lost to injuries. From January thru the end of the regular season the Blues led the NHL in points. Both of these teams deserve to be in the finals, imo. May the better team win the Cup.

The Blues also played the most games from Jan. 1st (45) . If you take the Bruins last 45 of the season their record is identical.

Also Tampa played 3 games less and had only one point less so this is a little over stated. They weren't really the best team.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I lost my mom to the same type of thing that Laila is fighting. Some things are bigger than mere sports events,

Ain’t that the truth, and I’m sorry about your loss <3

Took me getting something called transverse myelitis back in September to understand that most things in life (like sports) are inconsequential. It’s Similar to polio, I was paralyzed (both legs and right arm) for a bit and was in the hospital for a few weeks. It’s truly an eye opener when life tests you like that. It’s weird how sometimes we get complacent with life when it all can come crashing down at any moment.

And that leads me back to the girl- life HAS come crashing down for her....or so you would be led to believe. What does she have? She feel sorry for herself? Nah- she’s got A massive smile on her face and an unbelievable attitude.

People feed off of that. If you can be positive in dire situations it goes so far for the people around you. It makes her family and her friends lives so much easier. That’s courage. It’s inspiring. It’s why she’s the face of a city right now....And deservedly so.

I wish her the absolute best. I’ve been known as the director of morale at work for two years and even I have to concede defeat- her glass half full is even fuller than mine (if that makes any sense at all). She’s a true queen.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Some dude just said Rask looks shaky.

What the **** is going on in this thread? I’m convinced people don’t actually watch the series, just see Boston is in it and absolutely lose their minds

I would disagree whole heartedly. Rask has been good to great this entire run. The ones getting by him are mostly deflections that tuck under the bar.

There’s a goalie on the other side though and that kid looks more than shaky right now. Even the pucks has stopping are slipping through him and rolling wide, and his rebound control hasn’t been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad