Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 3 - 6/1 - 8:21 PM - The B's look to regain home ice advantage

Which team wins Game 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Ice has to be better in St. Louis so the bruins will be able to get away with being cuter a little more than they can at home when the pucks on edge for 85% of the game

Gotta throw a lot of rubber at Binnington though

Outdoor temperature in St. Louis will be in the high 80s all day Saturday (a little reprieve with a high of 78 Monday) and the city is notorious for very high humidity. It'll be a LOT of work to keep the building cool to keep the ice in good shape.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Outdoor temperature in St. Louis will be in the high 80s all day Saturday (a little reprieve with a high of 78 Monday) and the city is notorious for very high humidity. It'll be a LOT of work to keep the building cool to keep the ice in good shape.
Bruins should be used to bad ice ,just means simplify your game ,I think that’s why the first line has struggled at times ,they seem reluctant to do it

Reactions: crimsonace

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Negative from game 2: Bruins were downright awful. Of course, some of that is because the Blues were relentless, particularly pressuring the Bruins when they were trying to clear the zone.

Positive from game 2: Even though they were as bad as they were, the Bruins were one shot away from winning.

All year long, this team has had guys fill in and carry their own. I'm confident that they'll continue that with Moore stepping in.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Negative from game 2: Bruins were downright awful. Of course, some of that is because the Blues were relentless, particularly pressuring the Bruins when they were trying to clear the zone.

Positive from game 2: Even though they were as bad as they were, the Bruins were one shot away from winning.

All year long, this team has had guys fill in and carry their own. I'm confident that they'll continue that with Moore stepping in.

With you there, almost an exact reversal from game 1 where, after 20 minutes, the B`s dominated and the Blues still somehow only a shot away

I dunno, just not tense about tomorrow night, this team has given me a ton of examples of impressive resilience and an ability to put bad games in the rear view mirror and I suspect they`ll do it again.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I don't want to say I'm not worried yet, but I feel pretty good about the series still. I thought we played a very bad game on Wednesday, the top line in particular. But we were still in that game. I'm curious if that was St. Louis best shot, and we nearly took it.

If the top line can put it together, I'm pretty confident we can take any game.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
With you there, almost an exact reversal from game 1 where, after 20 minutes, the B`s dominated and the Blues still somehow only a shot away

I dunno, just not tense about tomorrow night, this team has given me a ton of examples of impressive resilience and an ability to put bad games in the rear view mirror and I suspect they`ll do it again.
I just saw a video of some guy on YouTube reviewing game 2 and he said if the Blues win game 3 they will win the Cup . What a load of horse shit . Whoever wins will have a clear advantage but to declare a winner when it is only 2-1 in the series is asinine. I think we will see a split in St. Louis .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just saw a video of some guy on YouTube reviewing game 2 and he said if the Blues win game 3 they will win the Cup . What a load of horse **** . Whoever wins will have a clear advantage but to declare a winner when it is only 2-1 in the series is asinine. I think we will see a split in St. Louis .

agreed, asinine. Obviously winning is better than losing and the only way game 3 would tilt the series IMO is if one team already has a 2-0 lead and they go onto make it 3-0 in the series. I`ve been vocal about me not being a believer in game to game momentum. Think momentum is created during a game, we just saw that as the B`s were the better team by a wide margin after they got their legs in game 1 then came out two nights ago and were dominated.

Reactions: lopey

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Bruins won 2 must wins with momentum against them in the most hostile environment they've played in this spring... If they can win 2/3 in Toronto I said it before, playing in Columbus didn't scare me, playing in Carolina didn't scare me, playing in St.Louis doesn't scare me.

Reactions: TCB

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Team had to know St Louis would be bringing the heavy game to game 2. Thing is, you can't prepare for a dirty hit that sends a player to the hospital, and there's no way to prepare for having your goalie skated into twice in the same game. It looked to me like the Bs were trying to do what they did against the Jackets -- accept the physical play and try to counter by generating offense against a team that finishes hits a bit late and puts itself out of position. The big thing that went wrong with that strategy is that the Bs played super sloppy hockey and couldn't string passes together and get shots off like they usually do. The Bs have the better goalie and the better D. Things are going to boil down to whether or not the Bs offense can play sharper. The Blues' D is pretty good, but they leave gaps in their own zone that can be exploited. It's up to the Bs to cash in, something they failed to do in game 2.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I expect a much tighter game from the refs especially now that a suspension has been handed down.
I don’t know the calls have mostly been made on the Blues chippy stuff,yeah the hit should of been 5 ,missed the slash on Debrusk,not really expecting the Blues to change their game plan ,they will still run Rask ,not unless the Bruins start doing something on their power plays,power plays haven’t even generated any momentum for the Bruins,if that continues to be the case Blues will continue to take liberties.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Team had to know St Louis would be bringing the heavy game to game 2. Thing is, you can't prepare for a dirty hit that sends a player to the hospital, and there's no way to prepare for having your goalie skated into twice in the same game. It looked to me like the Bs were trying to do what they did against the Jackets -- accept the physical play and try to counter by generating offense against a team that finishes hits a bit late and puts itself out of position. The big thing that went wrong with that strategy is that the Bs played super sloppy hockey and couldn't string passes together and get shots off like they usually do. The Bs have the better goalie and the better D. Things are going to boil down to whether or not the Bs offense can play sharper. The Blues' D is pretty good, but they leave gaps in their own zone that can be exploited. It's up to the Bs to cash in, something they failed to do in game 2.
And also spent a good portion of the game hemmed in their own end.

Reactions: BMC

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
We have to own the neutral zone and slow them up during their entries. Forwards need to move below the hash marks to support the puck. We have to FLIP the puck up into the air and out of our own zone to alleviate pressure. Use our transition game and speed to attack.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow night. This is what the Bruins generally do to teams. They frustrate them, they hit them and they throw them off their game. Generally after a couple of games, the other team is completely thrown off and they start running around, looking for hits, getting themselves out of position, taking bad penalties and wearing themselves down.

The same narrative was happening after game 1. And the Blues totally took the bait. They took more penalties, they were running around looking for hits, however, they didn't really find themselves out of position and they didn't wear themselves out. On the contrary, it looked like the Bruins got worn down. Even after the 11 days of rest.

What they'll need for next game is the top line. I don't think the Bruins need to change too much. They don't need to run around to make hits, they're already playing pretty physical, but the top guys just need to show up. Marchand looks absolutely horrendous. He's not moving well and he has had a ton of turnovers. Leaving Chara out to dry on that 2nd goal was inexcusable. As it was happening I was yelling at my TV, 'WHERE ARE YOU GOING. GET BACK OVER AND HELP!' Bergy needs to be Bergy in the dot. Especially in the offensive zone. Establish that pressure and forecheck. They also don't need to be too perfect. The top line is capable of great things, but sometimes you just have to play dirty, I think that's why we saw Backes and Pasta switch.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We have to own the neutral zone and slow them up during their entries. Forwards need to move below the hash marks to support the puck. We have to FLIP the puck up into the air and out of our own zone to alleviate pressure. Use our transition game and speed to attack.
All sounds good to me,makes you wonder why the Bruins couldn’t make the adjustments during the game,it’s like this isn’t working,we will have to do something different,but let’s wait until next game.Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad