GDT: SCF: Game 2: Sharks @ Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
After reading the main boards for close to a week I'm starting to believe the Penguins are an unbeatable force that the Sharks have no chance against. Why do I even watch these games?

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
What... Why Zubrus and not Karlsson??

I was fine with either of them sitting to get Nieto in. Didn't think Zubrus had a great Game 1 either, and his age might be catching up to him.
Don't know if there are line changes, but Karlsson on the 4th might benefit him.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
You're fired HOOCH!

Also not a fan of the Zubrus swap (though I do want Nieto back in), his play wasn't really an issue in game 1.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
You're fired HOOCH!

Also not a fan of the Zubrus swap (though I do want Nieto back in), his play wasn't really an issue in game 1.

YEAH YEAH! I know!

youre-fired.jpg

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Obviously to see if Marleau the Goon headshots anymore people.

Go kick some butt Sharks, come back with the series tied and home ice advantage.

I know I'm biased, but that still looked like the most innocent of head shots I've ever seen. It didn't look malicious and it sucks Rust got hurt but it was like both players collided. Of course if I was a pittsburgh fan, I probably would be just as upset, but I always go back to I didn't see malicious intent like I do with other head shots.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I know I'm biased, but that still looked like the most innocent of head shots I've ever seen. It didn't look malicious and it sucks Rust got hurt but it was like both players collided. Of course if I was a pittsburgh fan, I probably would be just as upset, but I always go back to I didn't see malicious intent like I do with other head shots.

I would like to believe that if one of our 3rd liners got hit by a perennial lady byng finalist that I would have enough sense to say that it wasn't malicious.

You can't be a dirty player and go a full season without crossing the line multiple times.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I would like to believe that if one of our 3rd liners got hit by a perennial lady byng finalist that I would have enough sense to say that it wasn't malicious.

You can't be a dirty player and go a full season without crossing the line multiple times.

Or at least realize that my feelings about one of the Sharks' players getting hurt bc of the hit (maybe - he came back after Marleau's hit and left the game again after Vlasic's hit so that may be the cause of him potentially being unavailable) is clouding my judgment so I probably shouldn't publicly make accusations based on assuming the worst possible motive/outcome/play about the hitter or the hit and the best possible about my team's player. If most neutral fans and commenters and even one of my own team's players have a very different opinion than mine, I usually realize that I should shut up and calm down.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Does Demelo pair with Dillon or Vlasic?

Dillon... But who said Demelo was playing today?

Also how will lines look with Nieto?

Karlsson 4th line and maybe possibly a nieto-Marleau-Tierney 3rd line?

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Dillon... But who said Demelo was playing today?

Also how will lines look with Nieto?

Karlsson 4th line and maybe possibly a nieto-Marleau-Tierney 3rd line?

The only thing I've seen was from Kevin Kurz who thought Marleau would stay on the second line, Nieto would be on the third and Karlsson would drop to the 4th line but he said that was a guess. I don't think PDB wants to tip his hand as to the exact lineup.

Bartcal

Sponsor
Apr 15, 2007
So Cal
Another great GDT! Thanks to work, I have to miss most of the game. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Looking forward to a great Sharks road win tonight.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
The press box lol. Braun is playing, and isn't likely to miss any games.

This. He comes from a hockey family on both sides. They get how big this is. And I'm sure his father-in-law, a reputable hockey player, would want him to focus on winning his first cup. What better way to honor his later father-in-law than that?

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011

Paul Kariya wouldn't even think it was malicious or intentional.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The team needs to go out there and take this game. It'd be nice to shut a few people up acting like this is already over.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
The team needs to go out there and take this game. It'd be nice to shut a few people up acting like this is already over.

They will. Even series after tonight. Joners all around, Burns with the Sharks first ever SCF game winning goal. And to my surpruse, Nieto is gonna look good. Those are my predictions

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area

The series is over. It was over after the first 15 minutes of the first period. Geeze, don't you even understand hockey. Pittsburgh is the greatest freaking team in the history of all sports.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I would rather Nieto replaced Karlsson, but if Nieto goes in on the 3rd line and Karlsson gets bumped down to the 4th, I'm not going to complain overly loudly.

Just win the ****ing game, please, Sharks. The hearts and livers of your fan base are all depending on you.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Guess Deboer really wants the most speed in the lineup.

If he did, he should have thought about Demelo over Polak. (Yes, I know Dillon is just as worse but righty for righty.)

Hope this works out.

I don't think demelo is faster than polak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad