SCF GAME 2 (8:21 PM ET) - St. Louis (0) @ Boston (1) - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, NHL Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
So? What difference does that make? They were still not good enough to get to the cup final. Boston is.

The fact that you guys are arguing that the Stars are on the same level as the Bruins is mind boggling. The amount of overreaction after 1 game on this forum is hilarious. Bruins win game 1 and people think they're gonna win in 4. Now St. Louis wins and people think Boston is as weak as the Blues' 2nd round match up.
So the Rangers in 2014 were a better team than the Hawks in 2014 right?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Umm what? I love Binnington, but Rask is better.

Nah. Rask has already tapped his potential in his career where Binnington is a rookie and is already a top 5 goalie in the league. He will be a future HHOFer and will win a few vezinas in his career.

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Yeah they head hunted and knocked Pavs and Hertl out while targeting a hobbled Karlsson high as well. After that hand pass you guys had 18 PP advantages including two 5 on 3’s and a penalty shot. I’d rather that hand pass didn’t happen because it was clear that the Blues were given free reign to go high. Bettman’s recent comments and NHL player safety (oxymoron) not reviewing anything make that pretty clear.

:laugh:

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
This is where the Blues have the advantage. Binnington is better than Rask. Binnington hasn’t even played his best yet but will. Rask I feel will choke. The Blues wore down the Jets, Dallas and SJ. The physicalty like you seen tonight will take it’s toll on Boston. Blues will finish them off in 6 as they are a better team.

I'm not ready to say that regarding this series given that Binnington has no little to no history compared to Rask.

I think Binnington's level of play is something that is sustainable and Rask's level of play prior to this series wasn't. The Blues have adjusted to the Binnington's regression from his unsustainable level of play(which started happening sometime in March).

I still think Rask will play well the rest of the series, just not at the out of this world rate he was playing at beforehand. It will be interesting to see how the Bruins play as a result.

68Blues

May 11, 2019
That was a thorough ass whoopin'. Bruins looked absolutely gassed halfway through the third period on. It'll be interesting to see how they adjust.

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Nah. Rask has already tapped his potential in his career where Binnington is a rookie and is already a top 5 goalie in the league. He will be a future HHOFer and will win a few vezinas in his career.

Future hall of famer? Might want to wait a bit before we start talking about that.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Rask loses his first game since April 30 and all of a sudden he's a below average goaltender, LOL. If the Bruins win he’s getting the Conn Smythe.

I don't know if you're alluding to my posts, but that's not my argument at all.

I think the Rask we saw tonight and on Monday are what we can expect for the rest of the series and not the level of play he performed at from the first round to the ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad