GDT: SCF Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning 8:00pm EST CBC, SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Picking up where we left off!

Price-Knights-perfect.png
I love this! I'm stealing it for wallpaper :thumbu:.

Great job on the GDT @donghabs98.

Been waiting 28 long years for this boys.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
donghabs98 Awesome to see one of our greatest sub board GDT residents, post a Stanley cup finals thread!
Thank you.

I wonder how long Armia will be sidelined. False positive? A week? The whole series?
Habs will be releasing an update this morning.

In order, I would go with (Armia - not part of the trip), Evans, Tatar, then The Man-Giraffe.

That said,

GO :habs GO!!

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think so.

And their lineup is ridiculous.

Point has as many goals as our top three goalscorers. Kucherov has the same points as our top two point getters. Vasilevski is an incredible goalie who many consider best in the league... Hedman IS the league's best blueliner.

Price will have to have the series of his life. Phil Danault will have his work cut out for him and I don't know how our forwards get through guys like McD and Hedman. It really is an all star team over there.
I love the Habs, I love the heart they show and the execution level has been very, very good. They made me take notice in the final three games against the Leafs, other than overtime Game 6. I had confidence for Game 7 and against both Winnipeg and Vegas. But Tampa is the strongest team in the NHL, and think that should prevail.

I believe that in the end, we win one (at home), we lose two close games and two not so close games. Bolts in 5.

Tampa's top players are numerous but are also battle-tested and proven. They've already lost before they could win. We need to go through that now, and hopefully continue to build faster than Weber and Petry and possibly Price decline.

Last edited:

Silvergard

Jun 18, 2021
Canada, Quebec
I love the Habs, I love the heart they show and the execution level has been very, very good. They made me take notice in the final three games against the Leafs, other than overtime Game 6. I had confidence for Game 7 and against both Winnipeg and Vegas. But Tampa is the strongest team in the NHL, and think that should prevail.

I believe that in the end, we win one (at home), we lose two close games and two not so close games. Bolts in 5.
You non-believer, I hope you will eat your crow when Webbie will lift the Cup! >:C

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You non-believe, I hope you will eat your crow when Webbie will lift the Cup! >:C
I will gladly eat crow, lots of crow. I never had more fun than eating crow after games 5 and 6 against Toronto!

On second thought, I may have a hard time eating anything as I would be crying tears of joy way too hard.

All I'm saying is even if we lose, I no longer think negatively about this team in the next few years, but they will have to be very smartly managed.

Silvergard

Jun 18, 2021
Canada, Quebec
I will gladly eat crow, lots of crow. I never had more fun than eating crow after games 5 and 6 against Toronto!

On second thought, I may have a hard time eating anything as I would be crying tears of joy way too hard.

All I'm saying is even if we lose, I no longer think negatively about this team in the next few years, but they will have to be very smartly managed.

Even when we were 1-3 against the Maple Chokes, I knew there was still a chance to come back in the series, will never claim that I was fully confident, but yeah! I had hopes for a comeback and they did! As long as you eat your crow, I'm fine with it. xD Yeah, I'll probably cry like a big baby if they win the Cup. xD

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Tampa went to war 3 times already. Maybe I'm wrong, but they look tired. Let's take advantage of that. Come out strong, hit everything that's moving and we will prevail.

The world lose should be automuted in this thread unless it is preceded by "Tampa will..."

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's time.

It will take a lot of work, a lot of heart and a lot of luck.
But nothing is impossible.

Hit them, shut them down and build some frustration on their side. I want Habs players in their face for 60 minutes.
And remember, every series, we kept getting better and better against our opponent because we played the long game.

28 years of waiting.
Let's go

e77aa9f5801761fa6d0481bec5b03087.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's time.

It will take a lot of work, a lot of heart and a lot of luck.
But nothing is impossible.

Hit them, shut them down and build some frustration on their side. I want Habs players in their face for 60 minutes.
And remember, every series, we kept getting better and better against our opponent because we played the long game.

28 years of waiting.
Let's go

e77aa9f5801761fa6d0481bec5b03087.jpg

I think maximum effort will be there but the team who scores on their limited chances will win this series.

* Tampa faced the Panthers, Canes, and Islanders.
* Habs faced the Leafs, Jets, Knights.

We both just faced teams that are stingy with allowing scoring chances and goals. If the Habs show ability to capitalize on our chances, I'm a believer.

Game 1 is a big test. Then it becomes a matter of who adjust better

Reactions: Milhouse40

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we loose this series, it's going to be because we allowed more than 2 goals per game and we failed to score more than 2. I'm willing to make a bet that we don't win any games where we allow more than 2 goals. Hope I'm wrong but Habs winning a game 4-3? If that happens, I'm a believer in our ability to crack open their D and goalie wall.

Having said all of that? I'll go with the opposite! 4-3 Habs tonight in OT! We send a message that this is going 6 or 7 games

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Faceoff Stats for the Habs:
* Danault: 53.8% of 398 total faceoffs (most faceoffs in the entire playoffs)
* Suzuki: 45.4% of 269 total faceoffs
* Staal: 40.5% of 126 total faceoffs (Evans returning helps the Stall Line)
* Kotkaniemi: 52.8% of 125 total faceoffs

Faceoff Stats for the Lightning:
* Gourde: 44.9% of 227 total faceoffs
* Point: 53.0% of 217 total faceoffs
* Stamkos: 53.4% of 163 total faceoffs
* Cirelli: 44.4% of 142 total faceoffs

I'm going to give the edge to the Habs here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad