GDT: SCF Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning 8:00pm EST CBC, SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
zA6rdB0.jpg

IF4RZ53.jpg

MWlDfXO.jpg

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm so scared for this series! Please win!!!

Also, stop being selfish Tampa: you already won last year and again this year with the Bucs! Now f*** off and let others enjoy a win, ya bunch of cap-circumventing cheaters!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tampa's left D has to be the best in the NHL?
I think so.

And their lineup is ridiculous.

Point has as many goals as our top three goalscorers. Kucherov has the same points as our top two point getters. Vasilevski is an incredible goalie who many consider best in the league... Hedman IS the league's best blueliner.

Price will have to have the series of his life. Phil Danault will have his work cut out for him and I don't know how our forwards get through guys like McD and Hedman. It really is an all star team over there.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I think so.

And their lineup is ridiculous.

Point has as many goals as our top three goalscorers. Kucherov has the same points as our top two point getters. Vasilevski is an incredible goalie who many consider best in the league... Hedman IS the league's best blueliner.

Price will have to have the series of his life. Phil Danault will have his work cut out for him and I don't know how our forwards get through guys like McD and Hedman. It really is an all star team over there.

100% agree

I think we still get chances, the difference is we’ll be able to beat Vasilevskiy on those. If yes, you can be sure that we have a series.

Point had 14 in 23 last year and 14 in 18 games this year. That’s an insane pace, the guy is shooting for like 30+%. Will be hard to shut him down but at one point you have to expect that he may go cold a bit + Danault’s line on him will hopefully do something.

I’m just scared we get stuck in our zone. Tampa is so creative and they fight for the puck, the second we are stuck it will be hard to leave with their defensemen so effective with the puck.

Reactions: Born in 1909

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
100% agree

I think we still get chances, the difference is we’ll be able to beat Vasilevskiy on those. If yes, you can be sure that we have a series.

Point had 14 in 23 last year and 14 in 18 games this year. That’s an insane pace, the guy is shooting for like 30+%. Will be hard to shut him down but at one point you have to expect that he may go cold a bit + Danault’s line on him will hopefully do something.

I’m just scared we get stuck in our zone. Tampa is so creative and they fight for the puck, the second we are stuck it will be hard to leave with their defensemen so effective with the puck.

The key will be zone entries, MTL needs to prevent TBL to set up the offense. I truly believe that Point+Kucherov's performances also have many people forget that their second line has been lethal too. Stamkos and Killorn are not the most mobile wingers ever (esp. Stamkos), maybe the KK line can burn them here but they can be burnt too.

Also their right defense can be exploited : Savard, Rutta, Cernak are all physical D covering for LD who do have better puck moving skills. I hope the Habs can pull this off !

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
My Habs are in the f***ing Stanley Cup Final!!!

d91.gif
Good to see you back man! Got a bunch of us eating crow. This series will be extremely difficult. The key will be to be extremely physical towards Kucherov and Point. Vasilevski is very beatable, and their RHD besides Cernak is nothing noteworthy. Please win, we didn't come all this way for nothing. Go Habs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad