SCF Game 1: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT| TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Good on you for finding an edit that cut Cousins shoving Hill. You can actually see Cousins coming at Hill in this video before the cut. And pushing with your stick is called a crosscheck.
I mean dude that’s literally just the live broadcast feed lol

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
While being an NHL ref seems like it could be fun, I’m not one so I wouldn’t give myself credit for setting the standard

If you can’t come up with specific examples which may be an unfair ask, could you estimate how many scrums that result in penalties result in a 4 minute advantage for one team? I’d wager that’s 2% or fewer. I’d call that a standard

To really go beyond that, I’d expect to see something like intent to injure. There wasn’t a single dangerous play in that scrum and it didn’t affect the game in any way so how is that the time we decide to up the punishment?

Because you have a dirty team that gets away with hurting other players for fun

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Because you have a dirty team that gets away with hurting other players for fun
I’m glad the Leafs fans are getting their annual June fun of rooting against the team that eliminated the Leafs. Just remember, Bennett didn’t get suspended but Matthews did. Makes you wonder who the dirtier player is ;)

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
This is your post I am referring to. I don't know what is wrong with you.

Nuckster said:
When your defense is decimated by injury and you suspend a top 4 dman and their most physical for the series for a clean hit ya it can affect outcomes.

It wasn't the reason the Canucks lost and no one said it was, the POINT was awful calls were made / not made when they should have been, as the whole discussion was about Refereeing, try to keep up!

Anyways you won the cup enjoy it. You won't be seeing one with that team for another 20 years bro. Rebuild time

What does the first sentence say? What is the term you see toward the end of the sentence?

so a top4 dman being out for 4 games and given a suspension not worthy of 4 games in the finals didn't have an impact? Especially when your number 1 is already out (Hamhuis)

I don't know if it would have changed the outcome but you're saying it definitely didnt?

I am tired of explaining English to you. I said it "can affect" not "Did"

Goodnight

• Haha
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Shout out to the little girl behind the bench putting her hand over her mouth when Bennett punched Hague (I believe) at the end of the game getting him the misconduct, and her mom beside her filming the action. That made me chuckle.

I can't find any video of it, that whole scrum seems scrubbed from game recaps

Reactions: trilobyte

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Still not as close as a 4 OT game... Just saying. Note I wouldn't bet on the sweep either..
I mean not that it has any bearing on the rest of the series but the Canes only scored 7 against Florida through four games. Vegas had 5 tonight. So yeah better than a 4OT.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
I mean not that it has any bearing on the rest of the series but the Canes only scored 7 against Florida through four games. Vegas had 5 tonight. So yeah better than a 4OT.
It will be interesting to see how Bobrovsky comes back. He's been so great this run, but many were concerned the time off was too much and while rest is good, it may take him out of his groove.

He did let in at least one tonight that I thought was suspect. His ability to rebound and set this one behind him is going to be key for FLA to make a series out of it. If Bob regresses back to inconsistent Bob, FLA could be in trouble.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Whining about the refs is loser behavior. No one cares or remembers, play better.
I’ll admit I haven’t read any of that Oilers fan’s posts which feels like a good decision but I haven’t seen anyone really blame the refs for the outcome of the game. Main complaint is that were their usual bad and unnecessary robbed us of some additional excitement

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think this could be 4-zip sweep.

was the reason why Panthers were this bad because of the 10-day break or not
Vegas was better at everything in game 1 and i don't think the Panthers are able to bounce back

Yes, it was only 1 game but if Vegas gets a 2 zero series lead, all that Panthers awesome away record was for nothing.
At home, they allowed 15 goals vs Bruins, won 1, lost 2, allowed 5 vs Leafs, won 1, lost 1, won both of their home games
vs Hurricanes, but by just 1 goal, allowing 3 in 1 game and getting a 1-0 w in the another.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It will be interesting to see how Bobrovsky comes back. He's been so great this run, but many were concerned the time off was too much and while rest is good, it may take him out of his groove.

He did let in at least one tonight that I thought was suspect. His ability to rebound and set this one behind him is going to be key for FLA to make a series out of it. If Bob regresses back to inconsistent Bob, FLA could be in trouble.
Bob was definitely the element I was the most afraid of. Vegas hasn't had the issue in this run yet but they have a history of drying up offensively against a high pressure defense with a strong goalie. Vancouver and Demko, Montreal and Price, Dallas and Oettinger (in the bubble series) and more than a handful of cases in the regular season the past 5 years. Tonight Bob looked human. I was expecting that if we were going to do better at scoring than Carolina it would come from capitalizing on lateral rebounds and good puck movement. For 3 of our goals, they were just line drives that were well aimed and well timed (Theodore, Whitecloud, Stone). The Marchessault goal was more in line with how I thought we'd solve Bob.

So I dont know how much that will continue going forward and if Bob has truly cooled off with the long break. Either way, I'm not banking on the same goal scoring approach being effective over the course of this series. I would still like to see better puck movement in tight areas. Florida did a good job of clamping down on the Knights down low and their first period forechecking was intimidating. They got away from it as the game wore on but if they can do that consistently, it's going to be a real tough series.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
Bob was definitely the element I was the most afraid of. Vegas hasn't had the issue in this run yet but they have a history of drying up offensively against a high pressure defense with a strong goalie. Vancouver and Demko, Montreal and Price, Dallas and Oettinger (in the bubble series) and more than a handful of cases in the regular season the past 5 years. Tonight Bob looked human. I was expecting that if we were going to do better at scoring than Carolina it would come from capitalizing on lateral rebounds and good puck movement. For 3 of our goals, they were just line drives that were well aimed and well timed (Theodore, Whitecloud, Stone). The Marchessault goal was more in line with how I thought we'd solve Bob.

So I dont know how much that will continue going forward and if Bob has truly cooled off with the long break. Either way, I'm not banking on the same goal scoring approach being effective over the course of this series. I would still like to see better puck movement in tight areas. Florida did a good job of clamping down on the Knights down low and their first period forechecking was intimidating. They got away from it as the game wore on but if they can do that consistently, it's going to be a real tough series.
ya I think its going 7 regardless. Both teams will adjust, both teams are big and play hard.

As a non fan, of either team, meaning neither are my team or 'secondary' team, I am excited to see this final. I hope its as good as it can be.

2 big heavy teams who compete is all you want as a hockey fan. I hope its a great hard fought series coming down to an OT goal in game 7! sorry! but for those of us who's teams aren't in it, that makes it more fun! I am sure you'd rather see a sweep!

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Closed, Series Talk thread is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad