SCF Game 1: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT| TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Sorry you're correct. But Sedin got 2 for being punched in the head. And the Canucks didnt get a pp.

As its been a long time, yes I forgot, But the POINT is still the same dude

Do players deserve 2 mins for standing and taking punches to the head? Is that proper officiating?

Try and comprehend the POINT someone is making vs attacking them to make yourself feel better.
The worst thing afterwards was all the HFboard members mocking the Sedins for not hitting back lol.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Paul Maurice with one of the best post-game losing coach pressers ever. That was great!

"I mean . . . On a scale between lumpy oatmeal and a root canal?"

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
tonight once vegas took the lead they immediately called a penalty on vegas to try to get it evened up. They were letting a lot go before vegas got their third goal. It is not rigged but it is definitely managed.
Hate game management. Imo they should get rid of refs and have robotic AI cameras call penalties. It will eliminate non calls, remove the human error and bias and game management crap while also fair for both sides. Hockey refs just either can't keep up with this fast paced game or have game management and bias crap

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
I couldn't have said it better myself. IMO the reason the league allows is to try to keep games close for parity reasons. IMO all it's done is made the game worse.
Always been that way but for me, if its a penalty call it. Eventually players will learn and stop. I think with the tougher fighting rules alot more nonsense is in the game because players aren't scared anymore.

They won't get a penalty and no one comes and cleans their clock.

Call the penalty and you know what, if a team gets 9pp in a night, the other coach is going to let his players know to stop taking penalties and in the end the game is cleaner.

Else take away the instigator and allow the players to police themselves. As someone who played at a decently high level of junior (not major) in the 90's I can tell you this. Knowing someone on the other team would beat the crap out of you if you did something stupid does affect you. Particularly when you're a skilled player who's not really a fighter.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wes McCauley apparently. Hence the 3 powerplay to none advantage from after the whistle activity. But hey I hate when one player holds another in the scrum so his teammate can get a clean punch off

View attachment 715055
And Tkachuk did it multiples times until the refs got fed up and called him. (Ekblad did it multiple times and nothing.) At that point penalties were 3-3. Then Tkachuk punched a guy who a linesman had fully restrained right in the jaw. Right in front of said linesman and with a ref watching. Maybe you should worry more that Matty Clutch can't reign it in while chasing a lead than all these perceived injustices and inequities.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Sorry you're correct. But Sedin got 2 for being punched in the head. And the Canucks didnt get a pp.

As its been a long time, yes I forgot, But the POINT is still the same dude

Do players deserve 2 mins for standing and taking punches to the head? Is that proper officiating?

Try and comprehend the POINT someone is making vs attacking them.

Lol “yes I forgot”. You just recalled the entire sequence of events but just pushed it a little further in your mind so as to amplify your complaint.

Personally, I found it odd that Daniel just stood there and let a guy jab him in the face repeatedly. He could have defended himself, skated away, anything. Instead he willingly ate a few in front of the ref trying to draw a call.

Should it have been called? Yes.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
And Tkachuk did it multiples times until the refs got fed up and called him. (Ekblad did it multiple times and nothing.) At that point penalties were 3-3. Then Tkachuk punched a guy who a linesman had fully restrained right in the jaw. Right in front of said linesman and with a ref watching. Maybe you should worry more that Matty Clutch can't reign it in while chasing a lead than all these perceived injustices and inequities.
He did. I know. And he deserved a penalty. Which he got. Maybe even a misconduct. Which he also got. But when the other team does the same thing…..

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
Lol “yes I forgot”. You just recalled the entire sequence of events but just pushed it a little further in your mind so as to amplify your complaint.

Personally, I found it odd that Daniel just stood there and let a guy jab him in the face repeatedly. He could have defended himself, skated away, anything. Instead he willingly ate a few in front of the ref trying to draw a call.

Should it have been called? Yes.
No actually I forgot because it was 12 years ago, and the point was the same - the Canucks should have been on the PP and weren't. That is what I recalled, they didn't get a pp.

"trying to draw a call'

A ref watching someone punch you in the head isn't 'trying to draw a call'

Its a penalty.

Taking punches to the head is not a penalty, nor is asking a ref when he's going to call it

Reactions: IceNeophyte

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He did. I know. And he deserved a penalty. Which he got. Maybe even a misconduct. Which he also got. But when the other team does the same thing…..

Not sure how you can see what Tkacuk does (which I love by the way) and then say other teams/players do the same thing. A huge part of why he’s such an effective player is because he takes the initiative to stir things up and that includes post whistle scrums.

Reactions: authentic

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Game was over.

You hit back and send a message.

Felt like Vancouver had zero chance of winning game 7 after that.
Vancouver had no chance once Raymond and Hamhuis got injured, Rome got suspended and Edler, Ehrhoff, Kesler and Sedins were nursing injuries. They just were not the same team and remember we also had Malhotra who never suit up for playoffs due to eye injury. That Canucks team was top of the league, best team that I had seen with no weakness. Number 1 in PP, PK, GF and GA plus selke and art Ross caliber players on the team along with a Vezina caliber goalie. Boston was just healthier and had refs in their back pocket due to Jacobs being the Boston owner

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I still like talking about the game. It is hard to watch which is why I had the MLB game on with this craptastic game on in the background.

just want to make sure I’m following.

The game is “hard to watch” so you have a baseball game taking some of your focus.

But you somehow remain completely attune to all the refereeing errors, incompetence and “fixing” so that you can put all your focus on that to talk about after the game ends.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Stanley Cup finals and we get Hradek and Weekes? Like seriously? The cream of the crop I guess to grow the game.

Whoever thought of that deserves to be slapped silly. I mean honestly wtf?

Reactions: Tofveve

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
Vancouver had no chance once Raymond and Hamhuis got injured, Rome got suspended and Edler, Ehrhoff, Kesler and Sedins were nursing injuries. They just were not the same team and remember we also had Malhotra who never suit up for playoffs due to eye injury. That Canucks team was top of the league, best team that I had seen with no weakness. Number 1 in PP, PK, GF and GA plus selke and art Ross caliber players on the team along with a Vezina caliber goalie. Boston was just healthier and had refs in their back pocket due to Jacobs being the Boston owner
Agreed. Boston was healthier in the end, we were decimated. I was at game 5 and 7 of the finals. 5 was amazing, 7 hurt. You could see they had nothing left in the tank but were trying their best.

Hamhuis loss hurt the most, along with Kesler who was such a warrior. I'm glad Canucks fans have accepted him back. Dude gave everything, including his health, to the Canucks organzation. He can barely walk today because of how hard he played for us.

A great run, a great team, and hopefully one day soon we'll see the Canucks have that type of team again.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

If only the referees could have aided the Canucks a little better so they could have won one of their four 4+ goal losses.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Not sure how you can see what Tkacuk does (which I love by the way) and then say other teams/players do the same thing. A huge part of why he’s such an effective player is because he takes the initiative to stir things up and that includes post whistle scrums.
Yeah, stirring it up is fine. I don’t really put much weight into it personally. The argument here is that I truly can not recall a specific post-whistle scrum resulting in 4 for one team and 0 for the other (if anyone here can show me some precedent I’m all ears). When that happens with 4 minutes left in a Stanley Cup game? That’s frustrating.

When you combine it with the surrounding things that were let go? Even worse

When both teams do the same thing all night but one guy does it enough times and blatantly enough the last time.....
Then send him to the box for 2 minutes and even give him 10. That’s been the standard that I’ve always seen. If you have a different experience then it is what it is but I’d be surprised if that’s the case

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
If only the referees could have aided the Canucks a little better so they could have won one of their four 4+ goal losses.
When your defense is decimated by injury and you suspend a top 4 dman and their most physical for the series for a clean hit ya it can affect outcomes.

It wasn't the reason the Canucks lost and no one said it was, the POINT was awful calls were made / not made when they should have been, as the whole discussion was about Refereeing, try to keep up!

Anyways you won the cup enjoy it. You won't be seeing one with that team for another 20 years bro. Rebuild time

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah, stirring it up is fine. I don’t really put much weight into it personally. The argument here is that I truly can not recall a specific post-whistle scrum resulting in 4 for one team and 0 for the other (if anyone here can show me some precedent I’m all ears). When that happens with 4 minutes left in a Stanley Cup game? That’s frustrating.

When you combine it with the surrounding things that were let go? Even worse

I don’t understand. Did you not see what I saw? The panthers were stirring it up after the whistle as virtually every losing team does in the playoffs to “set the tone” for the next game. More often than not, that results in a disadvantage, large or small, for the team taking the initiative to stir things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad