GDT: SCF G5: Tampa Bay @ Colorado - COL Leads 3-1 - 8pm (ET)

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Okay boys, this is it.
I'll tell you in detail why we're going to win:
- MacKinnon is the most determined athlete I have seen in years. He stopped smiling ages ago and is determined to win this cup. There is just no way this man will allow himself to be denied.
- Landeskog, like others on the team, has seen the Avs go from the dark times to this point. But unlike others he was the captain, and could so easily have been out the door had he voiced even the slightest interest in leaving. Deep down he knows he needs to win in order to justify that decision to stay.
- Rantanen is on a continuing journey to being an absolute superstar. He has other levels to reach, and this cup win is the start of that journey. And he knows it.
- Kadri is a born warrior. In centuries past he would be leading the charge into the other army's center and personally slaying the opposing general. Winning this cup is what he was born to do.
- Nichushkin needs to repay the Avs for taking that chance on him. He cannot let the team down.
- Lehkonen just lost to this Tampa team last year when we was part of a Team of Destiny trying to win a cup for Carey Price and Shea Weber, both of whom were on their last chance to do it. He's out for revenge.
- Compher has seen all his friends get traded. He has nothing left but this cup. He needs it.
- Helm has discovered new life outside Detroit. When he won it the first time he didn't know what was truly going on. Now he knows what it means to win and how hard it is, and he's not going to give up.
- Cogliano is a winner. He knows how to win, and he is going to keep doing it.
- O'Connor is Cogliano part 2 - a born winner who doesn't really know how to do anything else. Can any of you picture O'Connor ending his career without at least one cup? Of course you can't.
- Newhook is too young and stupid to know what's going on, but the dude seems like a lucky guy so he's going to luck into winning a cup in his rookie year. In 12 years he'll be Darren Helm.
- Sturm has a lot to prove and knows how he performs now determines what happens to him this offseason. He's going to reward Bednar's faith and patience by winning the cup.
- Makar is going to cement his status as the best defenseman in the league by winning the cup and the Conn Smythe. He'd never say it, but you know he wants to prove he's the best.
- Toews needs to complete his storybook career by starting from the bottom and then reaching the top.
- Byram is going to win multiple cups. You can feel it. He might as well start now.
- Manson knows this is his chance. he played with cup winners in Anaheim and feels a deep need to experience it himself.
- EJ loves this team and this city more than life itself and would give anything to win a championship for all of us.
- Jack Johnson needs to ride off into the sunset a cup champion. He's too nice to do it, but it would be a great middle finger to all the people who have shit all over him his whole career.
- Darcy Kuemper needs to prove all the doubters (including himself) wrong by being Stanley Cup winning goalie
- Pavel Francouz deserves to win the cup after everything he went through over the past two seasons.
- Jared Bednar has won at every level. Why would this level be any different?
- Nolan Pratt won the cup twice as a player. He knows how it's done.
- Ray Bennett is 60 years old and hasn't won the cup yet. You think EJ is desperate to win? Meet Ray.
- Joe Sakic wins. It's what he does.

- Nikita Kucherov is tired. Sure, part of him wants to win, but most of him wants to lie on a beach somewhere.
- Steven Stamkos realizes that Colorado is the better team. He wants to win, but deep down he knows it's over.
- Ondrej Palat knows he has already overachieved with two cup wins, and he's already thinking about being a free agent this offseason.
- Anthony Cirelli is emotionally exhausted after four games of giving everything he has to shut down MacKinnon, and yet still being down 3-1 in the series.
- Alex Killorn hasn't scored all playoffs, and he knows he's not going to and he's letting his team down. This is what's on his mind and it's why he'll lose.
- Brandon Hagel is drowning under the pressure of knowing what Tampa paid to get him and also knowing deep down he's not worth it.
- Nick Paul is already satisfied with reaching the cup finals. He'll play hard, but he doesn't *need* to win.
- Ross Colton is frustrated. He thought Tampa was unstoppable but they're getting beat and he doesn't understand why. Expect to see a puzzled look on his face as the final buzzer sounds.
- Corey Perry knows deep down he's a piece of shit who deserves to lose.
- Patrick Maroon is still amazed that he's a 3 time winner. He knows he doesn't need to win this one.
- Pierre-Édouard Bellemare secretly wishes he was still an Avalanche, and hopes they win. Expect to see him smiling after the final buzzer.
- Riley Nash is just happy to be here.
- Victor Hedman is hurt, he's tired, and he wants to go home. He's too much of a professional to admit to any of that, but he'll feel releived when it's over.
- Ryan McDonagh is already having recurring nightmares of being chased by bees and swarms of sharks. He needs a good night's sleep.
- Mikhail Sergachev is hurt, he's tired, and he wants to go home. He's already admitted all this to himself, but he can't let the boys down by quitting... yet.
- Eric Cernak is sick and tired or being in pain after every game. He just wants it to be over.
- Zach Bogosian knows the Avs are the better team and that he's going to lose.
- Jan Rutta knows he goes as far as the rest of the team takes him, and he can see how tired and hurt everyone is.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy is tired. He knows he doesn't have it in him to steal three games in a row, which he also knows it what he'd need to do. Since he's going to lose anyway, it might as well be quick so he can finally rest.
- Brian Elliott just hopes he doesn't have to play.
- Jon Cooper knows he lost his chance at three straight cups with that loss in game 4. Secretly he's okay with losing because he feels Bednar deserves to win.
- ‎Jeff Halpern has been secretly looking over the rosters of teams looking for head coaches. He knows the Lightning are cooked.
- Derek Lalonde has also been secretly looking over the rosters of teams looking for head coaches. He too knows the Lightning are cooked.
- Julien BriseBois tried his best but he knows Tampa just doesn't have it this year. He's already thinking about the offseason.

And that, my friends, is why Colorado will win the Stanley Cup.

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
There is not much difference between this game and the 1st preseason game. It's just that this one is possibly once in a life time, make history, win it all.

Go get it!!!!

pont

Jul 1, 2019
There is not much difference between this game and the 1st preseason game. It's just that this one is possibly once in a life time, make history, win it all.

Go get it!!!!
It's very different. The true leaders, on both teams, will rise starting this game. It's not easy to push aside the butterflies in important games and it can kill your effectiveness. I can't even imagine what these guys must be feeling right now.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's very different. The true leaders, on both teams, will rise starting this game. It's not easy to push aside the butterflies in important games and it can kill your effectiveness. I can't even imagine what these guys must be feeling right now.
I know, I was kinda being sarcastic. Of course this is the hardest game to win, and much different than a preseason game. I just did a piss poor job with my post. Not a good start for me. Minus 1..

Reactions: Snow Arc

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Predictions for tonight:

The game goes to OT but the Avs are lucky to get there. Rantanen dives to draw a powerplay.

Late in the penalty, MacKinnon slewfoots Cirelli, Landeksog headshots Hedman, Rantanen cross-checks McDonaugh, Makar high-sticks Nick Paul, and Kadri runs Vasilevskiy out of the net. Tampa has no one left standing.

Then Makar scores a blatantly offside goal with too many men on the ice. It counts.

Wes McCauley rips off his stripes to reveal an Avalanche jersey underneath. Landeskog hands him the Cup first in a Ray Bourque moment.

pont

Jul 1, 2019
I know, I was kinda being sarcastic. Of course this is the hardest game to win, and much different than a preseason game. I just did a piss poor job with my post. Not a good start for me. Minus 1..
No need to justify at all. Peace! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad