GDT: SCF G2: Lightning @ Avalanche | 6 PM MT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's incredible that Landy STILL needs maintenance days. What the heck went wrong with that surgery?
It's probably nothing that went wrong, he might have come back early because of the playoffs.

I imagine if it was the regular season we probably wouldn't have seen him for another full month from the time the playoffs started.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Sometimes things hurt really bad after exercise rather than during. Once he's warmed up he'll keep it hot. Morning skate might make it way more aggravated later.
At this point, Landeskog knows his body best. I’m fine with it.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Looks like NAK will be the one out sitting tonight per Lavoie.

No issue with that.

If it's NAK sitting that might point to this:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Burakovsky - Compher - Rantanen
Newhook - Sturm - Lehkonen
Cogliano - Helm - O'Connor

Either that or swap Compher and Lehkonen (Rantanen to 2C):

Burakovsky - Rantanen - Lehkonen
Newhook - Sturm - Compher

I think I prefer the second option above with Rantanen at 2C. That allows you to play Lehkonen a lot more than he would on a line with Newhook and Sturm, and shelters the right trio in Newhook-Sturm-Compher.

That said for game 3 (and if Kadri isn't back) I'd probably go with the first option and roll more balanced lines with Tampa having last change.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

I think I prefer the second option above with Rantanen at 2C. That allows you to play Lehkonen a lot more than he would on a line with Newhook and Sturm, and shelters the right trio in Newhook-Sturm-Compher.

That said for game 3 (and if Kadri isn't back) I'd probably go with the first option and roll more balanced lines with Tampa having last change.
I like the second one, too. Can Sturm play wing? If so I’d switch those two.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver

Did you mean Nuke on the first line? You had Rantanen on there twice.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's probably nothing that went wrong, he might have come back early because of the playoffs.

I imagine if it was the regular season we probably wouldn't have seen him for another full month from the time the playoffs started.
When they decided to have surgery the Avs said that it was something that has been bothering him for a while and the timing to do it now was good since he'd be ready for the playoffs.

I'd imagine that if the recovery timeline was 1 month deep into the playoffs they'd have done it earlier.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Landy's maintenance days are based on superstition IIRC.
But then there's the Kassian incident where Landy was holding his knee in pain even though nothing major happened to that knee during that play.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Colorado going 13-2 despite having a 0.897 SV% is truly one of the most remarkable things I have seen in the NHL playoffs, it’s crazy to even think about it.

I just don’t understand how some on this board can be so consistently negative, series after series, it’s the first time I’m considering blocking other posters.

I think they beat Tampa in 5 or 6.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado

Why are you acting like the guys that basically got benched are the third line? And why would we so wildly shake up the lines that won game 1?

Landy MacK Nuke
Bura Rants Compher
Lehk Helm O'Connor

Is the closest approximation to what our forward lines were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad