Confirmed with Link: Sceviour re-signed to 2 Year Deal

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
yeah this is very interesting going forward.. He is practically guaranteed a roster spot for next season, the only question is if Nill can squeeze him on the roster after the deadline.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sceviour just got a 2 year extension. Trade brewing with Sceviour finally given a spot in Dallas?

My guess this is just rewarding his patience, and I would be shocked if it was not one-way both years.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Really hope it is a one way contract, and we trade away Whitney at the deadline so he can start playing with the big club this year full time.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
This really makes sense logistically to get this done prior to trading Whitney. Otherwise Sceviour would have just had the chance to demand more money after he plays the last 20 or so games up with the big club, or he could have walked.

MetalGodAOD*

This news made my day. I was sure he was going to walk in the offseason.

Wouldn't be surprised if 2014 is a 2-way and 2015 is 1-way. Sceviour knew he could probably get a one year 2-way deal from any club in the offseason, but a second year guaranteed NHL salary probably was the chip Nill had to throw out there to get him to stay.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
This news made my day. I was sure he was going to walk in the offseason.

Wouldn't be surprised if 2014 is a 2-way and 2015 is 1-way. Sceviour knew he could probably get a one year 2-way deal from any club in the offseason, but a second year guaranteed NHL salary probably was the chip Nill had to throw out there to get him to stay.

My exact thoughts. 2014 would be a 2-way and 2015 would be a one-way.

Primetimey*

:yo: Someone is getting traded for surely.

Whitney and Fiddler are gone next year.. so not necessarily. The best part is to see we are finally building from within and not signing the stop-gap forwards anymore.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I think 100degree hockey is right. I don't think Sceviour is going to play another game in Austin after the deadline.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
As long as Nill and the staff were up front with him about the circumstances of the roster and their (presumed) satisfaction with his play, it's not a huge shock that Sceviour would prefer to remain in the organization where he's banked a lot of respect, the coaches know who he is, and can be reasonably certain of future chances in the bigs.

MetalGodAOD*

Btw Heika had this to say about his current situation:

This is good news for Stars fans. Sceviour has been a loyal soldier and earned this extension. He still has to battle waiver issues if he comes up to the NHL (he has two games left on regular call-up to avoid waivers or nine games left on emergency call-up), but this makes it clear that Sceviour is a part of their plans for the future.

That goes against what the prevailing thought to his waiver situation was, no?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

That's definitely not the way I previously understood it, but I'd trust Heika here because he's getting fed that info from the team.

Primetimey*

Two more games with Dallas being allowed to send him back down freely. But if he plays three games he needs waivers to go down?

I think most people are thinking he will stay here the rest of the season and not get sent down.

But I am the last person to ask about waiver rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad