Scenario for the last East seed.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Ranger fans hoping to play whatever team is least likely to seriously injure someone. AKA not Tom Wilson.

DRW feel like they have a team of destiny Cinderella thing going on so not exactly excited about the prospect of playing them at the moment.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Devils in '08? Pens in '15?

Yeah, like Carolina vs. Columbus, and Tampa Bay vs. Buffalo! It's pretty fluky actually, but not complaining... :D
I was referring to the 5 teams who have been locked into a race for the last 2 playoff spots in the East

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
I was referring to the 5 teams who have been locked into a race for the last 2 playoff spots in the East
I know, I'm just saying, it's a fluke that it turned out so well, especially the head to head matchups between non-divisional contenders for that spot, (DET/PIT, DET/WSH)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No if they win in regulation they'd both have 35 ROW. They would get in by virtue of the 5th tiebreaker, head to head points.
I was looking at this earlier. I believe they’d be tied in the 5th tiebreaker also due to the fact that they’ll have played an uneven number of home games against each other.

The first game (5-4 OT win) for the Flyers in Philadelphia wouldnt factor in.

But the Flyers would still get in via the 6th tiebreaker which is goal differential.

Reactions: rojac

Susannah

Dec 3, 2019
All three games going to shootout will be the ultimate nightmare scenario for people who hate shootouts.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Rangers are a pretty middling 5 on 5 team. Imo they're one of the top teams most likely to get upset.
While the bolded is true, that just means they tend to play the other team more or less evenly at 5 on 5. If the game comes down to special teams and/or goaltending, the Rangers have the advantage. They have the 3rd ranked PP, 3rd ranked PK, and one of the best goalies in the league.

None of that is to say that they will go far, but I don't think their 5 on 5 play will necessarily hurt them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad