Scenario for the last East seed.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Ok this took me like 30 minutes to type but I'm 99% sure I'm right, please let me know if I'm mistaken, hopefully y'all find this helpful:

Caps-Get in with any type of win vs Philly or an OT loss along with any Red Wings loss and any Pens loss. They are out if they lose in regulation to Philly.

Red Wings-Get in with a win vs Montreal and a Caps loss vs the Flyers, or an OT loss and Washington and Pittsburgh losing in regulation. They are out if they lose in regulation vs Montreal

Pens-Get in with a win vs NYI and any loss (regulation or OT) by both the Caps and Red Wings. They are out if either Washington or Detroit win. Alternatively, if they lose in OT and Washington and Detroit lose in regulation they would also get in.

Flyers-the hail mary-need a regulation win vs Washington (cannot be OT) and a regulation loss by Detroit, along with a regulation Pens loss

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Ok this took me like 30 minutes to type but I'm 99% sure I'm right, please let me know if I'm mistaken, hopefully y'all find this helpful:

Caps-Get in with any type of win vs Philly or an OT loss along with any Red Wings loss and any Pens loss. They are out if they lose in regulation to Philly.

Red Wings-Get in with a win vs Montreal and a Caps loss vs the Flyers, or an OT loss and Washington and Pittsburgh losing in regulation. They are out if they lose in regulation vs Montreal

Pens-Get in with a win vs NYI and any loss by the Caps and Red Wings. They are out if either Washington or Detroit win

Flyers-the hail mary-need a regulation win vs Washington (cannot be OT) and a regulation loss by Detroit, along with any type of Pens loss

I’m pretty sure flyers are out.

They can tie caps in pts and RW but lose on ROW right?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Pens-Get in with a win vs NYI and any loss by the Caps and Red Wings. They are out if either Washington or Detroit win

Flyers-the hail mary-need a regulation win vs Washington (cannot be OT) and a regulation loss by Detroit, along with a regulation Pens loss
Thank you for doing gods work.

Reactions: MaWa

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
So we'd have the cool scenario if Caps and Flyers are tied late of Philly pulling their goalie in regulation.

Or just give the giant goalie an oar of a stick and its knuckle puck time.

I’m pretty sure that’s why they brought him in

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

I think even if Detroit loses in OT then the Pens would be eliminated since they would both have 90 points and Wings are guaranteed to have more ROW wins. What am I missing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad