Scapegoat of the 2013 season?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Every year, it seems that people absolutely NEED a scapegoat (or 2) so they could feel a lot better in their hurting little hearts (just guessing). Gerber, Regin, Leclaire, Kuba, Fisher, Kovalev, Vermette, Gonchar, Spezza, Murray, Clouston, Hartsburg,... many have experimented that social behavior before... Everyone possibly went through this except maybe Daniel Alfredsson. Even Karlsson was a bit of a scapegoat in his first few NHL steps.

So the question is :

Who will be the MVG (Most Valuable Goat) this season?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
None. Corey Pronman tweeted something I've been saying for a while now. If we make a trade for a top 4 defender and with Lundin back, we go all of a sudden from a weak defensive core to a really deep and strong one which would subsequently make us a top 4-5 team in the East.

You are all overreacting after this:

1) Compared to the horrific penalty-filled anti-Sens movement in the first, we played a really solid game. If Anderson was in net it would have been 5-2 us, pretty easily.

2) You can blame Bishop but only to an extent, first NHL action in quite some time.

You can't really blame Phillips because he was supposed to play bottom-pairing minutes this year but obviously the circumstances changed due to injuries. With that being said, he has played BEAUTIFULLY in the role he isn't supposed to be in, obviously a couple of errors here and there but with a less rusty goalie, we would be 4-0 and this thread would cease to exist.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
None. Corey Pronman tweeted something I've been saying for a while now. If we make a trade for a top 4 defender and with Lundin back, we go all of a sudden from a weak defensive core to a really deep and strong one which would subsequently make us a top 4-5 team in the East.

1) Compared to the horrific penalty-filled anti-Sens movement in the first, we played a really solid game. If Anderson was in net it would have been 5-2 us, pretty easily.

2) You can blame Bishop but only to an extent, first NHL action in quite some time.

You can't really blame Phillips because he was supposed to play bottom-pairing minutes this year but obviously the circumstances changed due to injuries. With that being said, he has played BEAUTIFULLY in the role he isn't supposed to be in, obviously a couple of errors here and there but with a less rusty goalie, we would be 4-0 and this thread would cease to exist.

A top-4 D-man doesn't turn this blueline from mediocre to really deep and strong, IMO. A top pairing guy, maybe. Not a top-4 guy.

That said, I agree with your assessments of Bishop and Phillips. People expect too much from this roster at times, and it leads to wild and ridiculous statements about the complexion of this team. We're still in the process of rebuilding - making the playoffs should not be an expectation at this point. Some people are acting like we ought to challenge for division lead.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
A top-4 D-man doesn't turn this blueline from mediocre to really deep and strong, IMO. A top pairing guy, maybe. Not a top-4 guy.

That said, I agree with your assessments of Bishop and Phillips. People expect too much from this roster at times, and it leads to wild and ridiculous statements about the complexion of this team. We're still in the process of rebuilding - making the playoffs should not be an expectation at this point. Some people are acting like we ought to challenge for division lead.

Methot-Karlsson
Gonchar-Robidas
Lundin-Phillips
Wier

Years improvement over our current one. Solid top 4 and excellent bottom pairing. Gonchar gets way too much flack. He is a great d-man.

Robidas is just an example of the best possible top 4. I agree top 2 would be ages better but under realistic grounds I don't see it happening unless, we move our first+ in the deadline for a Yandle. Doubt Murray would package Bish+Z-Bad now for a top-pairing which would be an asking price to begin with.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
These threads are complete ****. It only hurts the team. Opposite of support. So gtfo

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Latts better get his ass back on the ice...:laugh: Dude is like a giant teddy bear... one friggen missing stitch and all his stuffing falls out. Stop being so damn injury prone big man. You need to go on the subway diet and then go work out with Gary Roberts Gui.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Am I seriously the only one to vote gonchar?

maybe you guys should rewatch the 5 goals tonight, and the two before that as well.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F

I agree but the goat today (if there has to be one) is Maclean, in a shortened season, two points is two points and putting bishop in to "show" him off only lessened his value and hurt the Sens momentum. Andy was rolling and he should have stuck with him. I am curious too see how the team reacts to a loss, bounce back games are signs of a teams resiliency IMO.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
I agree but the goat today (if there has to be one) is Maclean, in a shortened season, two points is two points and putting bishop in to "show" him off only lessened his value and hurt the Sens momentum. Andy was rolling and he should have stuck with him. I am curious too see how the team reacts to a loss, bounce back games are signs of a teams resiliency IMO.

This is the kind of poorly thought out statement I expect to read on the Sens Facebook page...not HF.

In a shortened season, you need to start you backup every couple games and almost always in back-to-back situations. There's no point in running a red hot Craig Anderson into the ground by starting him 4 times a week until the playoffs just so he can flame out because he's exhausted.

Bishop stunk but it was absolutely the right thing to do to give him the start.

Smarten up.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
This is the kind of poorly thought out statement I expect to read on the Sens Facebook page...not HF.

In a shortened season, you need to start you backup every couple games and almost always in back-to-back situations. There's no point in running a red hot Craig Anderson into the ground by starting him 4 times a week until the playoffs just so he can flame out because he's exhausted.

Smarten up.

I understand your point buy do you really think that I am suggesting that Anderson play all 48 games? Anderson has had half a season to rest up; did he call you and tell you he was feeling pooped? Don't start attacking me because you think you are better armchair GM. Please tell me oh wise one, what kind of hockey credentials do you posses? How much experience do you have running an NHL hockey team? Please tell me how calling me dumb makes your statement more correct. I didn't know that one had to be a former goalie coach to post on these boards.

Smarten up indeed

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
I understand your point buy do you really think that I am suggesting that Anderson play all 48 games? Anderson has had half a season to rest up; did he call you and tell you he was feeling pooped? Don't start attacking me because you think you are better armchair GM. Please tell me oh wise one, what kind of hockey credentials do you posses? How much experience do you have running an NHL hockey team? Please tell me how calling me dumb makes your statement more correct. I didn't know that one had to be a former goalie coach to post on these boards.

Smarten up indeed

Good points. I'm not an NHL coach so who am I to defend the decision of an NHL coach?

Ground breaking stuff in there.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Smarten up.

Exactly this. Copy and paste this next time bishop starts and people complain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad