Pre-Game Talk: Saturday vs. Shames: Downnnnnnn The Stretch We Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Wouldn't be surprised if we lose this one as well. Desperate Calgary team, 2nd place pretty much locked up for us (I don't see WPG winning much down the stretch), and not to mention we suck against Sutter coached teams.

Would be nice if we beat their ass though and put the final nail in the coffin. One can dream.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Wouldn't be surprised if we lose this one as well. Desperate Calgary team, 2nd place pretty much locked up for us (I don't see WPG winning much down the stretch), and not to mention we suck against Sutter coached teams.

Would be nice if we beat their ass though and put the final nail in the coffin. One can dream.

The Oilers haven't lost twice in a row in a month and a half, and haven't lost two in a row to the Flames all year. Hopefully that continues tomorrow night.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The Oilers haven't lost twice in a row in a month and a half, and haven't lost two in a row to the Flames all year. Hopefully that continues tomorrow night.

Yup. Different circumstance than the last two times we played them. No funeral for teammate to attend and not playing the third of three in four days. Flames have had very few injuries this year, a pretty cushy schedule, and still find themselves with a high probability of missing the playoffs. Hoping we help them on their way to the golf course tomorrow.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

They also cut stomped the Sutterites a couple of times, no?

Will be interesting to see how they play when it’s not a scheduled loss

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Just think that whatever dork made this schedule figured this would be a big collossal matchup with huge implications.

As it is it has all the excitement of "oh man, not the roadbump flames again"

Cant wait for playoffs instead of this. i think because of Covid, and all this playing teams 9-10 times the season is really dragging on. No variety to it.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
As long as we don't have to hear George Canyon Singh

George Canyon??

tenor.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Its hard to explain my more curious thoughts but whenever I see or hear Cassie Campbell I think of Zane Buzby (I looked up her name) from Up in Smoke.

The way Cassie talks is the same, its like theres a little wind up dial in her back next to the Flames logo..

Cassie Campbell: I just took 3 Quaaludes but I just wanna say how good the flames are playing right nowwwwwoowwwwoohhh

4c43ed80bf6cc6f22f721c623118b914.jpg

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Just think that whatever dork made this schedule figured this would be a big collossal matchup with huge implications.

As it is it has all the excitement of "oh man, not the roadbump flames again"

Cant wait for playoffs instead of this. i think because of Covid, and all this playing teams 9-10 times the season is really dragging on. No variety to it.
Speak for yourself man, if you can’t get up for a tilt against the Flames that’s on you. Personally I hope we kick their ass no matter what the standings look like.

Reactions: CravenMH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad