TV: Saturday night live to end at 50 years? Michaels to retire?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
IMO they went woke and broke, reality is woke comedy just isn't funny
Also forcing racial/identity diversity on a cast instead of just getting the funniest people they can find. I think the shows reputation of being a toxic place to work finally caught up with them and really funny people have better avenues to get more notoriety. Their main demographic doesn't watch TV any too.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

This was well written and not that long ago. I feel like Will had a lot of say in this but I couldn't see them doing it today because of "brown Face". Will was the host and i think Maya and Fred where guests on that one skit.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
SNL is a show meant for teenagers and 20 somethings, that's why most say the show was best when they were that age no matter what years they're talking about.
Not true. Well written is well written. Yes most things are best back in the day but something like the first Debbie Downer is hilarious no matter when you see it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Their main demographic doesn't watch TV any too.

A lot of their impact on pop culture and the zeitgeist in the 21st century was through viral videos like Lazy Sunday, Dick in a Box and I'm on a Boat.

Just because they don't sit down and watch an entire episode doesn't mean that people don't know the sketches.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Michaels' ego is too big to watch the show run its course and end after 50 years. He will likely want to retire, but he will step down from the helm and appoint a new captain.

Or, he may say he's the only who could ever successfully run it and take his marbles with him and go home.

Either way, I think his ego will dictate what happens one way or the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad