GDT: Saturday in Vancouver: December 20th @ 8pm MT

ElectricSky*

The Flames offered a spot to a player who worked and earned it???

I am absolutely shocked by this. Why would they make such a decision

They told him he was staying up the whole season, can you not read?

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
No, it doesn't.

He was promised a fulltime NHL spot and was sent down two weeks later. (which hindered him)

There was no reason for the Flames to promise him an NHL spot.

Dumb coaching.

The coach doesnt offer a player a full time job, that would be the GM's decision

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I know you guys hate Nikitin's contract, but i'm trying to find fair value:

CGY:
Nikitin

EDM:
ElectricSky
2nd round pick

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
No, it doesn't.

He was promised a fulltime NHL spot and was sent down two weeks later. (which hindered him)

That's my point. :shakehead He earned the spot management still sends their players down. And it's not the coach that sends down player you dope. It's the GM.

Trae

Calgary
I know you guys hate Nikitin's contract, but i'm trying to find fair value:

CGY:
Nikitin

EDM:
ElectricSky
2nd round pick

Edmonton's not going to be too keen on ES's BS, we'd probably have to make it a 1st round pick instead.

ElectricSky*

That's my point. :shakehead He earned the spot management still sends their players down. And it's not the coach that sends down player you dope. It's the GM.

Yea, which goes to show "promising" rookies NHL spots is the wrong thing to do.

Horak and Jooris are prime examples of this.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009

At some point guys need to move out of the hotel; if you jerk around players as an organization it gets out quickly.

Trae

Calgary

It doesn't matter if you're a rookie or a veteran. You see guys move all the time. You being given a roster spot is the first part, but if you play your way out of that roster spot, it's not management's fault, it's the players. Look at Setoguchi, I'm sure he had a place, too, but it wasn't working so he was sent down. It's the same thing with trades. Matt Stajan just signed a new contract and he's living in Calgary and he was promised a spot at camp. He's not doing his part to keep that spot so if he is shipped out and has to move, that's his fault, again, not management. Horak played well and earned a spot, then he didn't play well and was moved, as this happens all the time.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
This team still lacks players that can score plain and simple. We have about 3 forwards that consistently provide offense then outside of that its a crap shoot. Our defense are not scoring at a torrid pace so we are seeing the results. I really don't get all this we need the kids back in the line up because we were winning then. That is nothing but a coincidence. Our offense has dried up and its not because of the kids we sent down. From the guys that were sent down here was there production while up:

Baertschi: 0 goals
Ferland: 0 goals
Reinhart: 0 goals

From the young guys called up still playing here is the production during the losing streak:

Granlund: 1 goal
Jooris: 0 goals

Not trying to bash these guys but clearly they are not what was winning us the games.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bad news, guys. I won't be making the trip down to LA for the next game. I don't have high hopes for the next game.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
I cant when some people continue to act as if Hartley is doing an amazing job.

He's not.

I want to hear this. Please explain why he is doing such a bad job.

Who got all the guys to buy into a hard-working, never say die attitude? Not only the roster players, but guys in the system and stuff all buy in as soon as they get the call. Hartley.

Who is the coach that lead the Flames to a 17-8-2 record out of the gate? After the team, on paper, was projected to get a little over that, but not much win total in the entire year? Hartley.

The only questionable move he has made since joining the team is having a bias against Sven, and even that is not 100% proven.

He is the reason the young guys are producing the way they are, and how Brodie and Gio are such a good pairing. Coaches have a huge impact on how players play the game, and Hartley's impact has been probably 98-100% positive thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steven

May 10, 2009
>miss game
>check nhl.com this morning for score
>headline "watch: flames score own goal on empty net"
>okay.jpg

Did the boys at least play a half decent game?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
>miss game
>check nhl.com this morning for score
>headline "watch: flames score own goal on empty net"
>okay.jpg

Did the boys at least play a half decent game?

It looked like two teams that didn't win in a long time were playing each other.

Calgary screwed up first and last, hence the loss. I'd say they played about half of a decent game.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Flames won't make the playoffs if that's what you mean by turning the season around.
Second if Hartley is such a bad coach tell me who the Flames should hire and can you guarantee they will play any better than they have been?

Honestly, i dont know if he is a bad coach but the defense has been pretty bad. They are making some real bad mistakes

The all out style was entertaining for awhile but now the league is catching on and they really do not have the talent to sustain it.

The only real skilled guys are the two dmen and Gaudreau...maybe Hudler but he is second tiered

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Byron needs to sit for a game. Split up Gaudreau and Hudler since they are the only ones providing offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad