GDT: saturday game vs other weather team that we need to win b/c winning is good (no pol)

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
i'd go with a 5. he's just kind of neutral. i don't like some of his lingo and his goal calls haven't been great but he could be worse. i like the guy that filled in last time a lot more.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Murphy can't receive a pass to save his life. I wish he could put it together and succeed in the NHL but it's just not looking that's ever really going to happen

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Game over

I would say this game is on refs- first period and those penalties just ruined the game

Canes played a phenomenal defensive game, but the offense wasn't there. Cant call this game 100% on the refs.

We gotta get Rask & Skinner going again.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Everyone in North Carolina is a loser today.

Hornets, Canes, Wake Forest, Duke, NC State, Carolina, ECU, App State, Western Carolina. All losers today.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
So...with my constant worry being losing Forslund to NBC full-time, the necessary question must be asked - on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being "Godawful" and 10 being "Oh my God, my ears are bleeding, please let me listen to the soothing tones of Jack Edwards" how awful is tonight's PBP guy?

Trip seemed to loathe him. Lots of cringe-worthy side commentary. Pretty awful overall

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
We are spoiled by John Forslund, there is no doubt, and when he is done here, we will not like his replacement.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The Finnish press was quick to notice that Aho's goal is the same one he did in SML in 2015 to win the Final Game 7 for Kärpät.

At the time of 2.55.

tpsteffe

Jan 24, 2011
Raleigh,NC
Chiming in from Alaska here. Worked late and just got done watching the game. Happy New Year everyone!

3 out of 4 against the Pens, Hawks, and Bolts. So not unexpected...think we were just exhausted. But I would love for someone to defend why Ryan Murphy is even in this teams plans going forward? Not saying anyone is, but he looks the same to me as he did 3 years ago...pucks rolling off his stick, getting beat along the boards, etc. He should be nowhere near an NHL roster.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Nedeljkovic got torn apart in the AHL. 3-12 with a .876SV%. He pretty much singlehandedly tanked Charlotte's season, which is why he's in Florida right now. The score would be 11-1 right now with him in net.

Assuming that was a serious post.

It clearly was not, as it was in response to a Post that said we should have started Alves. It was made with tongue in cheek, but fully expecting a response.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm inclined to agree on the 3 games in 4 days with travel sandwiched between each one. That's a difficult stretch. Probably in its own way, even harder than doing 3 in 4 on a west coast swing, that one day at home probably throws off your whole "in the trenches" mentality that a team can get into on a road trip for a mental edge.

Unfortunately it seems this team will never ever ever get any help from the schedulemakers, they're gonna have to get into a "World is tough, be tougher" kind of mindset to take the next jump.

For the more bad news, PK percentage falls down to 88.76% which still leads the league by a lot, but no longer on track for that league record.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Between that game and Mariah Carey's performance, a whole lot of fail going on for NYE.

I posted this in the lounge thread, but think it's worth repeating here:

Producers of the show were so concerned Carey might be late, that they hired an entire crew to ensure the legendary diva made it to the ball on time.

The panic was sparked when producers asked what time she would arrive. According to the New York Post, Carey's people replied, 'What time exactly does the ball drop?'

:facepalm:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I posted this in the lounge thread, but think it's worth repeating here:

:facepalm:

I haven't really read much about it other than hearing that her monitors apparently were not working at all which would explain her performance given that she would be deaf to her own voice. I guess they really couldn't cut to commercial given how close it was to 12, but the whole thing was just handled terribly. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad