GDT: saturday game vs other weather team that we need to win b/c winning is good (no pol)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
lightning is racist against metal people

I miss the days when Sky Strikes Fire was our NT's goal song. MC Villegalle covering Antti Tuisku just isn't the same, like at all.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
On the contrary, we had a pole in the last thread....to make sure that we remedy this pole-free thread, here's one for the team...

B13Ylw7CYAAPFlY.jpg

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
Who starts in goal? Ward for the third time in four nights or Lacko taco who probably doesn't remember how to play goal? Not that Eddie knew how to play goal before the concussion...

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Run Ward into the ground until our playoff hopes are dead. So sometime next week.

Joking aside, any other year I would totally believe this success would fade and we would finish in the middle of the pack. Something about this year feels different that we can realistically catch Philly. We lose one game that we should have won and being a young team, it should have devastated them, instead they come out and get 2 points vs the top of the west. I actually believe we will make the playoffs.

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Joking aside, any other year I would totally believe this success would fade and we would finish in the middle of the pack. Something about this year feels different that we can realistically catch Philly. We lose one game that we should have won and being a young team, it should have devastated them, instead they come out and get 2 points vs the top of the west. I actually believe we will make the playoffs.

Yeah for sure, this team is doing things I have not seen them do in ages. Kudos to Peters to getting these guys to play such a structured game. Good news is we are playing at home more than the road for the rest of the season and if we can get over this bump without Faulk there's a legit shot.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This squad gets off to good starts I've been noticing and usually opens the scoring. They also have been playing well at home recently. Those are two things Bill Peters talked about in his introductory presser when he was first hired.

It's the 3rd period and the occasional 2nd that still needs improvement. I think a 6-0 win or something close to that would open the floodgates.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
We need a 6-0 win so we can finally get on the good side of goal differential. Been -2 forever now. They were -15 iirc at one point though.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Garbage thread, 6-1 loss, Hainsey investigated for match fixing for trailer park mafia, bc Tampa

1387977069_girl_gets_accidentally_kicked_in_the_face.gif

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
I can tell this season is different because for the first time in years I've stopped stacking Fanduels against the Hurricanes in an effort to glean some sort of reward when they inevitably collapse and fail hcanes style. That Aho-TT-Stemp line has won me some decent cash

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
No John tonight, he is in Toronto for the Winter Classic. Sean Baligian in instead.

Also, possible that Gudlevskis is Tampas keeper tonight. Backups!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Looking him up, it's been a loooooooong time since he's called hockey (but he at least has some experience). He's mostly known as the Lions call-in show guy that organized the "Fire Millen" protests.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Looking him up, it's been a loooooooong time since he's called hockey (but he at least has some experience). He's mostly known as the Lions call-in show guy that organized the "Fire Millen" protests.

OHL hockey for a Michigan station? Can we assume that's Plymouth Whalers games? ****ing nepotism man.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00