GDT: Sat, Nov 12th 2016 | Minnesota Wild @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7:00pm ET | Game #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Cousins with an incredible shot block

Keep this kid in the damn lineup

FrozenSherbet

Oct 1, 2016
Prime Kimmo was phenomenal..but yeah I do think his ceiling is higher because of his physical tools

One thing I noticed that Timonen had that Provorov lacks is a defensive slide. Timonen was unbelievable at breaking up odd man rushes by sliding. Provorov still hasn't added that element to his game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
One thing I noticed that Timonen had that Provorov lacks is a defensive slide. Timonen was unbelievable at breaking up odd man rushes by sliding. Provorov still hasn't added that element to his game.

Definitely a learnable skill though and I doubt Kimmo was doing it at 19. He really was amazing at defending 2 on 1s.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Kimmo came to the NHL 6 years after being drafted. Let's see where Provy is in 5 years then compare.

FrozenSherbet

Oct 1, 2016
Definitely a learnable skill though and I doubt Kimmo was doing it at 19. He really was amazing at defending 2 on 1s.

Yeah, Gostisbehere for example is getting pretty good at them. I hope it's something they'll have Provorov work on in the next few off seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad