GDT: Sat, Nov 12th 2016 | Minnesota Wild @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7:00pm ET | Game #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Minnesota Wild (7-4-1) @ Philadelphia Flyers (6-7-2)
Flyers-Wild-copy.png

Quick Hits
  • Television: CSN-PH
  • Radio: 93.3 WMMR
  • Season Series (2015-16): 2-0-0
  • All Time Record: 12-5-1-1
  • Leading Scorers: PHI: Giroux - 16pts | MIN: Staal - 11pts, Suter - 11pts
  • Power Play: PHI - 2nd (29.1%) | MIN - 19th (16.2%)
  • Penalty Kill: PHI - 26th (77.1%) | MIN - T-5th (88.6%)

FLYERS' PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards
LW | C | RW
Brayden Schenn| Claude Giroux | Wayne Simmonds
Travis Konecny | Sean Couturier | Jakub Voracek
Michael Raffl | Nick Cousins | Matt Read
Chris VandeVelde | Pierre-Edouard Bellemare | Roman Lyubimov

Defensemen
LD | RD
Michael Del Zotto | Radko Gudas
Brandon Manning | Shayne Gostisbehere
Ivan Provorov | Mark Streit

Goalie
G
Who Cares

Scratches
Dale Weise - RW - Healthy
Nick Schultz - D - Healthy
Andrew MacDonald - D - Out one week, LBI
Boyd Gordon - C - LTIR, UBI

WILD PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards
LW | C | RW
Nino Niederreiter| Eric Staal | Charlie Coyle
Mikael Granlund | Mikko Koivu | Jason Pominville
Jason Zucker | Erik Haula | Zack Mitchell
Joel Eriksson Ek | Tyler Graovac | Chris Stewart

Defensemen
LD | RD
Ryan Suter | Matthew Dumba
Jonas Brodin | Christian Folin
Mike Reilly | Jared Spurgeon

Goalie
G
Devan Dubnyk

Scratches/Injuries
Zach Parise - LW - Out indefinitely, foot injury
Zac Dalpe - C - Out until mid December, torn MCL in right knee
Christoph Bertschy - Healthy
Nate Prosser - Healthy
Victor Bartley - D - IR, tricep injury
Marco Scandella - D - IR, knee injury

In lieu of a gameday song, we'll have a crash therapy session for the goalies

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Minnesota is much better than us right now. Dubnyk has been great. Their D is rock-solid and the "1st year under Boudreau phenomenon" has their offense flying. This is going to be an ugly loss followed by full on panic mode.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Looks like Manning-Ghost might be back together for this game. I would have stuck with MDZ-Ghost and Manning-Gudas, even though the latter duo had a tough outing against Detroit.

Maybe a Manning vs Chris Stewart scrap in the first five minutes can get some life into the building. Yes, I'm sure Mandog will lose, but at least he will try to do something.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Is this still 7pm? Towards the end of last nights game I thought I saw something that said 630pm.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This could be a train wreck game, like a 4-0 beating. Wild you can't afford to give up any softys as they have awesome goalie and great D, get down early and this will over very quick and a very boring game to watch.

Whichever goalie starts, we are giving up at least 1-2 bad ones, so will be tough scoring 3 on Wild

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This could be a train wreck game, like a 4-0 beating. Wild you can't afford to give up any softys as they have awesome goalie and great D, get down early and this will over very quick and a very boring game to watch.

Whichever goalie starts, we are giving up at least 1-2 bad ones, so will be tough scoring 3 on Wild

Yeah this is pretty much exactly what I expect to happen. They are playing good hockey in all three zones lately backed up by strong goaltending. We have a good offense and then a tire fire.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I am going to rage so hard online if Raffl is scratched again

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am going to rage so hard online if Raffl is scratched again

I'm sure he will be back in...for Lyubimov instead of Lord Vandermort (i'm trying to think of ways to not directly type his name because it makes my hands wants to strangle myself).

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
gonna be tough to watch tonight. lol

2 softies...1 shorty against....Flyers lose 5-3.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
gonna be tough to watch tonight. lol

2 softies...1 shorty against....Flyers lose 5-3.

Yeah i'll be skipping this one. It's not fair to my wife to let them ruin our one night of the week that we get to really hang out. I haven't been watching the Saturday night games because they flat out ****ing suck in every one of them and it makes me act like a miserable back of dicks.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Yeah i'll be skipping this one. It's not fair to my wife to let them ruin our one night of the week that we get to really hang out. I haven't been watching the Saturday night games because they flat out ****ing suck in every one of them and it makes me act like a miserable back of dicks.

So naturally, they will probably win this one 10-0...lol.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is the type of game they win. Lose to the trash teams and then squeak out a win against a decent team that gives a little hope... which will be dashed in the next game.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
If either goalies decide to show up and steal a game it would be awesome, I'm giving up on Hak's ability to put the best line up on the ice, I hate VdV and hate the bottom 6, and hate that no one stuck up for the Neck last night, give me my ball back I'm going home

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Haven't seen any Philly games this year, but by the tone of this thread...not playing so well? Wild have been decent-to-good, but lacking consistency. Parise doesn't help matters, being injured.

What is Philly's biggest need at the moment?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Haven't seen any Philly games this year, but by the tone of this thread...not playing so well? Wild have been decent-to-good, but lacking consistency. Parise doesn't help matters, being injured.

What is Philly's biggest need at the moment?

We have offense, which is something we didn't start with last year. But basically it's been the opposite of last year. We had really good goaltending last year and the offense was struggling but now we have awful goaltending and a booming offense.

HereNow16

Oct 18, 2016
Germany
Is this still 7pm? Towards the end of last nights game I thought I saw something that said 630pm.

It should be 7pm. Towards the end of last night's game they kept saying that the pre-game broadcast starts at 6:30, maybe that's what you heard? But the game should start at 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad