Pre-Game Talk: Sat 18th: Rangers @ Senators. 2pm on CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

coach-paulrus.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

**** me

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
What are you talking about? He's shown zero confidence in Lehner and Wiercioch. Zibanejad at the start of the year. He treats players unfairly

Is it zero confidence in those guys, or more confidence in others?

I'm with you on the D. I don't understand why Wiercioch gets passed over for players like Phillips, Corvo or Gryba. He must have his reasons but I can't explain it.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
So what is the tie breaker nowadays? Is it regulation wins or goals for? If its goals for and we win tomorrow then we would pass the Laffs for the final wildcard spot. They have 2 less goals for and we have 1 game in hand

WhiteLight*

Is it zero confidence in those guys, or more confidence in others?

I'm with you on the D. I don't understand why Wiercioch gets passed over for players like Phillips, Corvo or Gryba. He must have his reasons but I can't explain it.

I don't understand how Anderson inspires confidence more than Lehner. Anderson makes himself look small,and doesn't challenge shooters. Lehner has a big presence in net, is a big game goalie and confidence throughout the roof with a perfect mix of focus and rage/energy.

bellCurv.gif

Lehner is right at the peak most games

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
So what is the tie breaker nowadays? Is it regulation wins or goals for? If its goals for and we win tomorrow then we would pass the Laffs for the final wildcard spot. They have 2 less goals for and we have 1 game in hand

If the teams have the same GP, it goes ROW, then head-to-head, then goal differential.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Huge game tomorrow. I think it's smart to go with Andy to try and get him to bounce back after a weaker night in goal. But Mac shouldn't be afraid to pull him if the game starts to go south fast.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
Andy is 6 - 0 - 2 in his last 8 starts. Lehner couldn't do that down in Bingo much less up here.

I hope VLC is working because this will be blacked out in my area...ya know...because Morrisville is so close to the NYC area...
I can lend you my Adfreetime password if you want.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If Andy struggles, this place will implode.

And rightly so.

But I guess at this point PMac has decided that if we are gonna go into the playoffs, it's gonna be with Andy at the helm.

I kinda would have liked to see Lehner show his stuff, buy hey. Why not staple Lehner to the pine some more. He's getting some seriously valuable development sitting there every night rocking Zib's hat.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sens are going to win tomorrow for sure! Im going. They are undefeated when Im in attendance this year. Its a lock.

You're all very welcome. Feel free to send Vcash of gratitude in my direction.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Talk about what have you done for me lately? You go 6-0-2 over your last 8 games and all of a sudden a goalie who has 2 wins in his last 8 is perceived as better. Only on HFboards.

Anderson had been playing incredible prior to last nights OT loss. He had one bad period. Why jump ship and completely crush his confidence at this point? He's earned the coaches confidence as of late. Therefore go with what is bringing you success.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
To heck with the score last game, snit and bad bounces happen, I'm excited about how the team is playing the last few games.

They will need it all tomorrow, CBC + a 2 pm start is like a double jinx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad