GDT: Sat. 10/1 Rags @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Missed the game but from what I'm reading auvitu is out playing Moore and Merrill and should make the team. Still want santini on the team. For people complaining about Greene he's the last guy id worry about..

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Hall Rico Bennett has serious potential, been liking Bennett a lot even before tonight. If healthy could be a real solid pickup. Cammalleri Zajac Palmieri fills out a legit top 6 too. Cammalleri just needs to shake out the offseason cobwebs. Hall got a little cute here and there but man he's got talent for days and the opposition yields space to him because of it.

Looking forward to Zacha blooming into another exciting player to watch, still a bit raw but the potential is without question. Love how he shows some soft hands and touch at times with the puck. Flashes of good vision too which speaks to his capacity as a center. Add some confidence and he can be a beast.

Auvitu and Quincey inspired confidence tonight. Some marginal defenseman should take note... Preseason or not it was a fun game and some good hustle out there tonight all around.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Lovejoy just sounds like he's trying to do to much which is resulting in penalties. He'll adjust and settle in. That's what pre season is for.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Really impressed with Auvitu. He's going to force Hynes to make some really tough decisions.

I think the toughest decision will be who sits and who plays, out of the 7 that make the team.

Regardless of who that is, the 7 should be Greene, Severson, Lovejoy, Quincey, Moore, Merrill, Auvitu. I don't even see who else would make the team.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Hall Henrique Bennett
Cammalleri Zacha Palmieri
Blandisi Zajac Lappin
Kalinin Fiddler DSP

Nobody should complain when Zajac drops to 25 points playing with Blandisi and an AHLer. No reason to take Zajac away from Palmeri.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Greene looks way off this preseason.
Hope its just rust.

I thought Greene looked fine today, and he was good in the game against the Flyers I went to. He'll be fine.

He and Auvitu were tied for the highest Corsi for % in the game for us, with identical 70.37% ratings. Greene had a slight edge at evens, 66.67% to 63.16%

Auvitu has been really exciting. I would argue he's been our best defenseman so far.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
One thing is for certain, Hall-Henrique-Bennett is our first line...But I think we need to rework the rest. Palmieri needs better linemates than Zajac-Boucher I think. Maybe Cammalleri-Zacha-Palmieri?

Why does Palmieri need better linemates? He put up 30 goals and had almost 60 points. Spreading out the offense with Hall-Henrique, Zajac-Palms and Cammy-Zacha is a much better idea

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I had a strange feeling Benett would work out better on the Hall/Henrique line than DSP. Hall and Henrique like to crash the net. No need for a 3rd net crasher in DSP on that line.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Mets clinch playoff berth, Red Bulls beat Philly to go top of the east, and the rags lose at the Rock. Yes, today was a good day.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Reading these pages make it very hard to understand how players are playing :laugh:

A few say good, a few say bad. Can we get a general concensious? Oh and... highlights?

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
It was Boucher's first game in like 6 months. He just started practicing. This is not a video game. Give him a break. The preaseson is to get used to games, systems etc.

I bet he'll be better in the next one.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Which LHD played on the right side? Quincey? Could he be the RD on the third pair on opening night?

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Auvitu - Quincey
Merrill
----
Santini (callup)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
BB8 with two goals?

LT4GuFu.gif

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I'm hearing lots of praise for Auvitu and not just from fans.

He was a star defenseman here in Finland for HIFK,
whats his chance make in it to the top 6 in the NHL?.

I think he is a bigger version of Sami Vatanen (not as much offensive,
but similarish style i think, the potential for goals and points are visibly there though)Yohan played several years in the same team as Vatanen (08-14) and was coached by the same people,so yeah.

Yohan switched to HIFK for 14-15 season.

EverybodyLovesRay

Sep 21, 2008
I'm willing auvitu to be the next Rafalski :naughty:. He's staying. Believe it.

He actually has same kind of path to NHL like with Rafalsi and Zidlicky (And Tim Thomas). Not too young, boosted his career in Finland. So I think it will be very interesting to see what's going to happen :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad