Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwaysatrink

Sep 17, 2010
NB starting to pick up some last minute cuts from other centres?

FYI - Valley let go of two goalies and 1 skater last night

When do their rosters need to be finalized by?

hockeylocker

Jul 28, 2011
If this 18-1 Sask Valley victory over Prince Albert is true indication, it appears Prince Albert may be weak on goal and on the blueline this season. For Sask Valley, once again, year after year, this team has guys who put the puck into the net. Who had big nights for the Vipers?

beenwatching

Jul 29, 2011
Anyone have the northeast final roster? I heard Iron might be there. Add him to Semans, Pazuik, Elder, Grambo, Zary, Stobbs, and Borstmayer and they will be strong.

What about PA. Who is on this team?

hockeylocker

Jul 28, 2011
North East is to play Battlefords this Sunday in North Battleford for an exhibition game. Maybe someone from NB can provide a score and North East roster after that game.

If Beenwatching is right, North East probably has 3 very strong lines as he mentions 6strong 97s and a pair of 98s who all can score. Every team in the North Division has a strong line, but North East will have 3.

Sunday's exhibition game may determine what one can expect during the upcoming season.

Anybody have reports about West Central and Humboldt? They play any games?

MadHatter22

Nov 19, 2009
I was at the PA game vs.Sask Valley..decent game both teams took lots of penalties.Morrison from Prince albert lived in the box with at least 10 pims.Ingram will help SV especially after seeing the unknown backup.

Final goalscorers
Schatz-4 good game also some puck luck
draude-2 and a few assists
rothenburger-1
and #18????
Fiala looks like he could be a real good player,good size,strength and good shot.

PA
Gunville2
Campese 1g and 2 assists(has to be fastest kid in province)
hanson-1
#11???Fiddler or Odnokon
Didn't see 1st game but from all reports much better game.SV will be tough team to beat especially with Ingram falling in their laps and now with Colton Iron being forced to play there.

supertacks

Aug 29, 2011
I was at the North Battleford and North East game yesterday. Barons won 3-0. Barons have improved since the last time I saw them 2 weeks ago. Mainly due to a trimmed roster. Only a few cuts to go I heard. Barons defence was strong as expected. Forwards are gelling, Hintz, Young and Gerein really going hard! Barons still had 3 goalies dressed, and each played very well as the score shows. North East out shot them 2 to 1 in the first 2 periods. Hard choice for the coaches on which 2 to keep.
This was North Easts first game. Strong, steady defence and big strong forwards. Goaltending was very good also. Cresswell and Admunson ? split the duties and both made good saves! Sorry no roster to report. Good game for both teams.
This should be an exciting league as every team should be loaded with talent!

hockeylocker

Jul 28, 2011
I am a little suprised that North East didn't score with the likes of Seaman, Pazuik, Zary, Elder, and Grambo. Then, as you mentioned, Barons goalies played well and credit to them.
The other goalie for North East would be, a 1997 who played with Melfort last year.
I agree with you Supertacks. Each of these teams is loaded with talent.

northernblizzard

Sep 17, 2010
I was at the North Battleford and North East game yesterday. Barons won 3-0. Barons have improved since the last time I saw them 2 weeks ago. Mainly due to a trimmed roster. Only a few cuts to go I heard. Barons defence was strong as expected. Forwards are gelling, Hintz, Young and Gerein really going hard! Barons still had 3 goalies dressed, and each played very well as the score shows. North East out shot them 2 to 1 in the first 2 periods. Hard choice for the coaches on which 2 to keep.
This was North Easts first game. Strong, steady defence and big strong forwards. Goaltending was very good also. Cresswell and Admunson ? split the duties and both made good saves! Sorry no roster to report. Good game for both teams.
This should be an exciting league as every team should be loaded with talent!

I have heard NB's defense is strong. I have no connection at all with this league but I have watched AA Bantam hockey for about 15 years in Saskatchewan and I can't recall one first year female defenceman who was strong enough to play. I recall a couplle of first year female forwards who struggled all year but never a defenceman. So my question for you is in respect to Avery Fransoo. Is Avery really that good? Or is this a mysterious political situtation that seems to happen on many teams that no one understands?

SaskRinkRat

Apr 1, 2010
I have heard NB's defense is strong. I have no connection at all with this league but I have watched AA Bantam hockey for about 15 years in Saskatchewan and I can't recall one first year female defenceman who was strong enough to play. I recall a couplle of first year female forwards who struggled all year but never a defenceman. So my question for you is in respect to Avery Fransoo. Is Avery really that good? Or is this a mysterious political situtation that seems to happen on many teams that no one understands?
Last year the Saskatoon Frostbite had a female defenceman that was more than capable of AA level hockey. I can't recall her name, but she was easily in the top 4 on her team.

IDC

Dec 22, 2009

"Don't ask, Don't tell"
Seriously though, in talking with the other parents it is indeed a mystery. I guess both her brothers are very strong (almost outstanding) players and so it only makes sense that a first year, 5'4"(?) female can bump other players such as Shynkaruk(?) and Blanchette(?) out of their 5th or 6th spot. She is however almost as strong as the one other “Dman” (can I still use that term? haha) Marty kept but that’s neither here nor there. I do like his top 4 with Sych, Tkatchuk, Lanfermann and Vidal though. As long as they run these four, the other two will be enough to give them the odd longer break between. It’s too bad that Marty appears to have got caught up in the politics of it all. The one thing to be sure of, this is not an isolated case nor a first time ever this has happened case either so we move on and keep cheering.

Last edited:

supertacks

Aug 29, 2011

(Well said IDC)
What Fransoo lacks in size and speed, she has made up for it with good positional play and outstanding puck smarts. That's what has kept her on the team. The boy's she bumped did not have those skills. She was the best Barons AA pee wee defence(person) last year. I would put her in the # 5 defender spot on this team.

But.... in a league with man-sized boys, full of testosterone and aggression, can she survive? I hope so! But only time will tell!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad