Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDC

Dec 22, 2009
I agree Melanfant is the #1 with Flath as #2. Gerein and Hintz should have looked stronger but played like they were already on the team and didn't bother trying.
They should of played like Connor Sych and Blake Robertson who both should easily be on the team, but went at it every time they were on the ice! Good to see that kind of competing at a tryout.
Defense will be large led by Sych who is now a 6 footer and looked very strong throughout the weekend. He had a few end to enders ala Ryan Pilon! Tkatchuk was very strong also. Few first years to choose from. Will be a good team!

I agree with the Sych comment (he showed well, he's no Pilon though), i just wish he would lose the losing the temper thing he always has going on. It really wears thin after a while and could easily be mistaken for just plain old poor sportsmanship (which sometimes I think it is). I thought there was some pretty strong D there actually, a little light (literally) on forwards. Marty may have to have a different game plan this year

supertacks

Aug 29, 2011
Out of curiosity why do you pick battlefords number 1? They were bottom 3 in bantam last year and middle of the pack in peewee although the peewees did have a nice run in the playoffs.

Battlefords number 1 based on the assumption the Meadow Lake players like Iron head that way. If things don't pan out for Battlefords, Melfort is the team.

Iron was not at Battleford camp, heard he might be playing in Melfort/Tisdale.
Watchout, they will be strong. Battleford will gain forward Layne Young from
Frenchman Butte. Not as big as Iron, but has the same scoring touch and a big heart.
Should be a battle for top spot!

coach kleats

Oct 28, 2009
Iron was not at Battleford camp, heard he might be playing in Melfort/Tisdale.
Watchout, they will be strong. Battleford will gain forward Layne Young from
Frenchman Butte. Not as big as Iron, but has the same scoring touch and a big heart.
Should be a battle for top spot!

Does anyone know if any of the Meadow Lake and area player made the trek down to try out? There were only a couple that were likely to make it but just curious to see if any bothered?

supertacks

Aug 29, 2011
Matt Vidal (97) d-man and Matt Imray (97) goalie, made the trip from Meadow Lake to North Battleford.

IDC

Dec 22, 2009
Roster for intersquad B'ford

Matt Imray from MLake was apparently cut, Vidal still there.
Urlacher wasn't at the try out camp but got into the intersquad game

Friday September 2nd at 6:15 @Civic Center

Team Maroon
Taryn Kotchorek, North Battleford (G) 97
Matthew Flath, Hafford (G) 98

Ben Lanfermann, Paradise Hill (D) 97
Matt Vidal, Meadow Lake (D) 97
Traye Tkatchuk, Mayfair (D) 97
Cody Clarke, Meota (D) 98
Joshua Shynkaruk, North Battleford (D) 97

Lane Young, Frenchmanne Butte (F) 97
Troy Gerein, Wilkie (F) 97
Blake Robertson, Unity (F) 97
Kevin Bendall, North Battleford (F) 97
Blake Fennig, North Battleford (F) 98
Owen Lamb, North Battleford (F) 98
Keegan Duret, Debden (F) 97
Rhett Lesmeister, Battleford (F) 98
Kirkland Glassford, Wilkie (D) 97

Team White

Wyatt Malenfant, Meota (G) 97
Dax Desmarais, Cut Knife (G) 98
Lane Newsted, Maidstone (G) 97

Connor Sych, North Battleford (D) 97
Karstin McDonald, Turtleford (D) 98
Connor Managre, Meota (D) 97
Kade Mosimann, Edam (D) 98
Mason Blanchette, Maidstone (D) 97

Keifer Hintz, Maidstone (F) 97
Keegan Tiringer,Leoville (F) 98
Josh Sielsky, Maidstone (F) 98
Christian Miller, Wilkie (F) 97
Jared Schmidt, North Battleford (F) 98
Jayden Nachetgaele, North Battleford (F) 98
Connor Urlacher, Neilburg (F) 97
Brandon Lesko, Hafford (F) 98

nvts45

Sep 1, 2011
Battleford

It will be interesting to see how many first years marty takes. No real stand out kids at that age.

hockeylocker

Jul 28, 2011
Earlier I had Battleford ranked #1. Having an opportunity to see their camp roster, I have dropped them down to fourth behind Melfort/Tisdale, Warman/Martensville, and West Central. Although I like Battlefords D lead by Sych, Vidal, and Lafermann, it is their forward crew that may lack punch. Without Iron, Bast, and Normand, Battlefords just can not rely on Hintz; although Layne Young will be a nice find. Battlefords simply does not have the depth like the previous mentioned teams. Here are the latest predictions regarding rankings:
1. Melfort/Tisdale
2. Warman/Martensville
3. West Central
4. Battlefords
5. Prince Albert
6. Humboldt

Why Melfort/Tisdale?
Goaltending will be solid with either Dzurka, Amundrud, and Cresswell earning that roll. Fiske is a very solid D and provides both offense and grit, add Long and Gerwing gives you an experienced blueline.
Paziuk, Grambo, Zary, and Seaman will probably be in the top 10 scorers in the North. Add the possibility of 3 of the top 5 1998 CFHL scorers such as Stobbs, Chasse, and Borstmayer - Melfort/Tisdale just might be the team in the North.
By saying that, each of the other Northern teams will get stronger as the year goes and will make noise after Christmas.

nvts45

Sep 1, 2011
Melfort/Tisdale
Warman/Martensville
Battleford
P.A.
West Central
Humbolt
I heard that Melfort has Iron and Zackarius. Iron will put the puck in the net and Zackarius will add more grit to an all ready very tuff team.

beenwatching

Jul 29, 2011
I agree, Melfort/Tisdale has got to be the team to beat coming into this season. Their goalie tandam will be very strong with any of those 3 guys being very capable. The back end is going to be good. Fisk, Long, Gerwing, Regnier, very good start to a great defence. Up front they will have loads of scoring and grit. Seaman, Paziuk, Zary, Stobbs, Borstmayer, should find the back of the net alot.

That being said I think Warmen/Martensville should also put together a very tough squad as well. It is going to be fun to watch these two meet for the first time.

The rest of the pack will have to come ready to play to compete with these two.

hockeylocker

Jul 28, 2011
If reports that Iron and Zacharias play in Melfort are true, not rumours;this will solidify them as favorites in the North. Will they be strong enough to compete with Pilot Butte and Weyburn?

IDC

Dec 22, 2009
Where is Iron from? I don't understand why he would be able to go to Melfort to begin with. Diehl Normand is from Meadow so he would have no choice but to go to B'ford first. Maybe they are just loading up an A team for the NEAHL and do their provvy's up and hang the banner.

IDC

Dec 22, 2009
Here is what Marty has left. Never really heard what he is going down to (5D or 6D , how many 98's he wants to keep etc) Couple of "surprises" who is still here, and a couple of who's not but sometimes being better isn't enough. Not sure where Fransoo came from all of a sudden, wasn't at any skates at all. For Marty's first year with this team you think he would have made it appear to be more on the up and up.

Wyatt Malenfant
Taryn Kotchorek
Matthew Flath 98

Connor Managre Matt Vidal
Ben Lanfermann Traye Tkatchuk
Karstin McDonald 98 Avery Fransoo 98

Troy Gerein Owen Lamb 98 Kevin Bendall
Connor Urlacher Keifer Hintz Jayden Nachetgaele 98
Christian Miller Brandon Lesko 98 Keegan Tiringer 98
Blake Fennig 98 Kirkland Glassford Keegan Duret

Not dressed
Connor Sych D
Kade Mosimann D 98 injured the only 98 D that makes the grade
Joshua Shynkaruk D
Lane Young
Blake Robertson
Josh Sielsky 98

hockeylocker

Jul 28, 2011
Thanks for the score. Although exhibition, teams appear to be equal. Is it possible to post a Sask Valley roster.

SaskRinkRat

Apr 1, 2010
Does anyone have any more info on any of the tryouts that have been happening around the province? I'm wondering if there are any rosters starting to get finalized. Was anyone around S'toon this weekend? How did their crop of players look?

alwaysatrink

Sep 17, 2010
Saskvalley vs Prince Albert in waldheim on Saturday
Battlefords vs Saskvalley in Battleford on Sunday

Sask valley now with 10 F, 8 D and 4 goalies

Did they cut a goalie last night? They had been skating with 4 but 1 goalie who had been injured and not yet on the ice returned to the ice last night so I thought they were back up to 5...wondering if there were any goalie cuts last night after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad