Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I just think selling Perreault and a couple OA’s at the deadline for younger players and picks puts us in a good spot for the following year. We could use those picks to bring in older defenceman the following year
Yah for sure. I've just come around to that this year's team might actually be better than we thought. If they are a top 2or3 defensive team I could see them trying to add some forwards.

Should be a fun team regardless! Look forward to finally seeing the team play again. Dying to get back in the arena.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
[QUOTE="StingUpdates, post: 178889516, member: 312219"]Yah for sure. I've just come around to that this year's team might actually be better than we thought. If they are a top 2or3 defensive team I could see them trying to add some forwards.

Should be a fun team regardless! Look forward to finally seeing the team play again. Dying to get back in the arena.
[/QUOTE]

The more i think about it the more i can agree with that statement. I don't think there has ever been a season where there is so much unpredictability going into it. Good luck trying to release a CHL top 10 prior to the season starting.

If you look at the success of winning hockey teams, it all starts from the net out. We have what should be, one of the best goalies in the league/country in Gaudreau. We have a really really good top 4 on the blueline and we just hired the top candidate for available coaches in the league who had his team playing as one of the top defensive teams in the league. The ingredients are all there.

Sarnia's current roster reminds me so much of this years Montreal Canadians. A stud goalie, an extremely solid top 4 D and a couple of gifted forwards. I can see Sarnia winning a lot of low scoring games because of how good the goalie and defense will be.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The upcoming season is unpredictable for sure, but I think there 5-6 pretty good bets; Barrie, Hamilton, London, Windsor, Kingston, Kitchener.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
The upcoming season is unpredictable for sure, but I think there 5-6 pretty good bets; Barrie, Hamilton, London, Windsor, Kingston, Kitchener.

I think Kitchener is set up to be the top team in the west at this moment. We all know London won't be too far behind. Windsor is a tricky one. Could see them being anywhere from 3rd to 7th. Felt like last year would have been their chance to be really competitive. Time will tell.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think Kitchener is set up to be the top team in the west at this moment. We all know London won't be too far behind. Windsor is a tricky one. Could see them being anywhere from 3rd to 7th. Felt like last year would have been their chance to be really competitive. Time will tell.

yeah, tell will tell. I like the mix of 19 yr olds of the spits at every position, and early picked too; 2(1st, 2nd, 3rd) & 5th.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
[QUOTE="StingUpdates, post: 178889516, member: 312219"]Yah for sure. I've just come around to that this year's team might actually be better than we thought. If they are a top 2or3 defensive team I could see them trying to add some forwards.

Exactly. If Sarnia can be an elite defensive team + have Gaudreau they could be really dangerous. Especially if they surround Perreault, Voit, Namestnikov, Geci in the T6.

Even if they deal Perreault they could be a scary team to play come playoff time with a veteran Dcore & a top 3 goalie in the league.

As u mentioned before if they do this right we could be in for 2 good years in a row. Which is a rarity for us lol.

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
2022-2023 roster right now would be:

Voit-Namestnikov-Dann
Filak-Geci-McIntyre
Degelas-MacDonell-Lalkin
Tierman-???-Rae

Mast-??
Eveleigh-??
Daviault-??

Gaudreau
Thornton

So forward group should be pretty good. 11 of 12 returning. Voit should be a star, Geci, Dann 19, Namestnikov, Fialk, McIntyre all 18. Then MacDonell, Lalkin, Degelas all in 2nd years who look like promising rookies.

Defence will need 3 new guys. So import 1, then trade for 2. Still have Gaudreau who will be dominant.

That's why i can totally see them trading for 19 yr olds this season..helps the now & should return next.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Exactly. If Sarnia can be an elite defensive team + have Gaudreau they could be really dangerous. Especially if they surround Perreault, Voit, Namestnikov, Geci in the T6.

Even if they deal Perreault they could be a scary team to play come playoff time with a veteran Dcore & a top 3 goalie in the league.

As u mentioned before if they do this right we could be in for 2 good years in a row. Which is a rarity for us lol.
Even 3 good years our forwards will be good for 3 years because they are young

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
2022-2023 roster right now would be:

Voit-Namestnikov-Dann
Filak-Geci-McIntyre
Degelas-MacDonell-Lalkin
Tierman-???-Rae

Mast-??
Eveleigh-??
Daviault-??

Gaudreau
Thornton

So forward group should be pretty good. 11 of 12 returning. Voit should be a star, Geci, Dann 19, Namestnikov, Fialk, McIntyre all 18. Then MacDonell, Lalkin, Degelas all in 2nd years who look like promising rookies.

Defence will need 3 new guys. So import 1, then trade for 2. Still have Gaudreau who will be dominant.

That's why i can totally see them trading for 19 yr olds this season..helps the now & should return next.

We will hope that the Sting would take a defenseman with their 1st round pick in the 2022 draft that can slide into one of those 3 spots on the back end. Jaxon Priddle will be a regular come 2022/2023 season.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
The OHL announced all 20 teams home openers today. The Sting will play a back to back against the Spitfires to start the year. They'll play in Windsor at Thursday, October 7 at 7:30PM and in Sarnia on Friday, October 8 at 7:05PM.

Reactions: DaveH7777

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sarnia will be using 2nd pick. Seca said its more of a precaution just in case Geci or Malyavin (if he signs) had a visa issue or anything covid related

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Not sure how i feel about a 150lbs stay at home defensemen.
I agree no size and it doesn’t sound like he’s going to wow you with skill either. Not sure where this pick came from they must really see something in him or they didn’t do much homework . Sounds like he could be similar to Nolet which definitely isn’t bad tho.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Here is a video on Malyavin. He defends quite well. Always in position & is good at denying zone entries.

Some untapped potential offensively it would appear. Has some good hands for a Dman. Obviously was hoping for a little more size but if he's good he's good & to me he doesn't look 150.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Here is a video on Malyavin. He defends quite well. Always in position & is good at denying zone entries.

Some untapped potential offensively it would appear. Has some good hands for a Dman. Obviously was hoping for a little more size but if he's good he's good & to me he doesn't look 150.

Definitely like a guy who is good in his own end positionaly and clearing the puck and doesn’t allow the oppositition to enter the zone easily. He definitely looks quick and smooth on his skates and has nice hands. Might just need a coach to allow him to skate the puck and jump into the rush abit more And he could be a very good 2-way dman. Definitely reminds me of Nolet but with better hands.

Reactions: StingUpdates

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

He will probably be listed at 5’11 170 at camp

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Projected roster imo (assuming Malyavin signs) for 2021-2022:

Voit-Geci-Perreault
Guy-Namestnikov-Dann
O'Donnell-Filak-McIntyre
Hill-MacDonell-Rae

Extra: Lalkin, Tierman, Degelas

Reesor-Nolet
Mast-Malyavin
Daviault-Eveleigh
Dillingham, Nagra.

Gaudreau
Thornton

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Projected roster imo (assuming Malyavin signs) for 2021-2022:

Voit-Geci-Perreault
Guy-Namestnikov-Dann
O'Donnell-Filak-McIntyre
Hill-MacDonell-Rae

Extra: Lalkin, Tierman, Degelas

Reesor-Nolet
Mast-Malyavin
Daviault-Eveleigh
Dillingham, Nagra.

Gaudreau
Thornton
My depth chart is the same, I just have Hill on the third line. And might switch up the bottom 2 pairs on defence to start the season but those 4 will rotate throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad