Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
It’s official Alan Letang new head coach. Both Letang and Seca seem like very good people. They also seem very passionate about the game and willing to go the extra mile. Hopefully they both excel in their positions for the sting!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
You can really tell there was some sort of disconnect with Legwand/Hatcher as coaches & Sinclair as GM

In almost every interview Seca mentions the need for them to all be on the same page.

As for Letang i am excited to see him as coach! Just from the way he described himself it'll be a big change. Alot more hands on, alot more vocal & actually wants to build relationships with the players.

Hockeysar1

Apr 3, 2020
You can really tell there was some sort of disconnect with Legwand/Hatcher as coaches & Sinclair as GM

In almost every interview Seca mentions the need for them to all be on the same page.

As for Letang i am excited to see him as coach! Just from the way he described himself it'll be a big change. Alot more hands on, alot more vocal & actually wants to build relationships with the players.

Im confident Letang will do a good job. Very passionate, good understanding of hockey and wants to build good relationships with the players, staff and community. His experiences as a player and coach will be beneficial for the organization.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
If they actually take a Dman next week in the import draft & he's legitimately good, Sarnia would have a damn good blue line.

A top 4 with Reesor/Nolet/Mast/Import is really really solid. Add in they could keep Supryka as another OA D on pair 3 & they'd have 3 good pairings.

My guess is the DCore is
Reesor-Import
Nolet-Mast
Daviault-Dillingham
Eveleigh

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
We've talked alot about how next season is the year to go for it but honestly they could be set up for back to back good seasons.

If the D&G are what we hope they'll be an elite defensive team with an elite goalie. Up front should have a dynamic duo of Perreault/Voit + the hope is Geci, Namestnikov are top-6 Fs.

That's a solid base. Add in Fs like Dann, Filak, McIntyre who have alot of promise + Hill/O'Donnell/MacDonell/Lalkin & they will have some depth.

Then after that the team lacks 19 year olds. Imagine u could add some Roth level forwards to the T6 to go with the guys i mentioned.

All of a sudden

Voit-Geci-Perreault
Trade-Namestnikov-Trade
Dann-Filak-McIntyre
Rae-MacDonell-O'Donnell

Hill/Lalkin/Degelas

Last edited:
Reactions: hellwar9

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
We've talked alot about how next season is the year to go for it but honestly they could be set up for back to back good seasons.

If the D&G are what we hope they'll be an elite defensive team with an elite goalie. Up front should have a dynamic duo of Perreault/Voit + the hope is Geci, Namestnikov are top-6 Fs.

That's a solid base. Add in Fs like Dann, Filak, McIntyre who have alot of promise + Hill/O'Donnell/MacDonell/Lalkin & they will have some depth.

Then after that the team lacks 19 year olds. Imagine u could add some Roth level forwards to the T6 to go with the guys i mentioned.

All of a sudden

Voit-Geci-Perreault
Trade-Namestnikov-Trade
Dann-Filak-McIntyre
Rae-MacDonell-O'Donnell

Hill/Lalkin/Degelas
Obviously we have no idea how guys have progressed but I'd say it's not unreasonable to think

Perreault is a top 10 player.
Voit is a point per game guy.
Namestnikov 50-60 PT 2C.
Geci 50-60 PT C.
Dann is a 20 goal F.
Filak a 30-40 PT 3C (some think hes very good)
McIntyre a 15-20 G player.
+ Hill/O'Donnell who could've taken steps. MacDonell, Lalkin as rookies should also produce a bit.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I think you'll see both Hill and O'Donnell take a massive step forward this upcoming season. Call me crazy but i think they both put up 20-30 goals each. Hill was someone who I thought was on the cusp of breaking out already before covid. For fact, O'Donnell has been putting in so much work since the pandemic. He's taken his skating to an elite level. You won't even recognize him come October.

For the first time in a long time, us Sting faithful have a couple good years to really look forward to.

Reactions: StingUpdates

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Which OAs do you think the Sting will be keeping?

It's a young forward group so I think Brayden Guy sticks around for some leadership up front. That leaves Nolet, Supryka and Reesor, which are all defensemen. Reesor is a lock for the 2nd OA spot imo. Both Nolet and Supryka are offensive defensemen so it will be a toss up. Either or should get decent value in a trade. My personal preference would be Guy, Reesor and Nolet. Feel like Supryka would draw more value and the Sting are in need of some picks for the 2023 draft big time.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I think you'll see both Hill and O'Donnell take a massive step forward this upcoming season. Call me crazy but i think they both put up 20-30 goals each. Hill was someone who I thought was on the cusp of breaking out already before covid. For fact, O'Donnell has been putting in so much work since the pandemic. He's taken his skating to an elite level. You won't even recognize him come October.

For the first time in a long time, us Sting faithful have a couple good years to really look forward to.
My only problem for them producing a ton will be ice time. 1 or both could be bottom 6 with limited special teams time.

They really are set up well. It'll be interesting to see the gameplan. If u add a legit import + multiple good 19 yr olds & this team could compete for sure. Then the following yr the whole F group returns Except Perreault

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I wouldn't agree with it but there is a chance they go forward in the import draft if they view this season as a potential one to win.

Voit-Geci-Perreault
Import-Namestnikov-Dann
Filak-Trade-McIntyre
O'Donnell-Hill-MacDonell

If the import & guys u trade for are legitimate scorers (Roth, Ruzicka level) then we have a legitimate forward group that is extremely deep to go with what Hopefully is an elite DCore & Goalie

But I'd rather get a stud Dman & trade for T6 forwards. Much easier.

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I wouldn't agree with it but there is a chance they go forward in the import draft if they view this season as a potential one to win.

Voit-Geci-Perreault
Import-Namestnikov-Dann
Filak-Trade-McIntyre
O'Donnell-Hill-MacDonell

If the import & guys u trade for are legitimate scorers (Roth, Ruzicka level) then we have a legitimate forward group that is extremely deep to go with what Hopefully is an elite DCore & Goalie

But I'd rather get a stud Dman & trade for T6 forwards. Much easier.

I just don't see how a guy like Dann or any of the 3rd line you proposed, plays higher in the line up than O'Donnell and Hill. Dann has seen a couple games at the OHL level and everyone else none. Hill with two years and O'Donnell with one. It will definitely be a bit of a crap shoot with the year off but the new guys will have to work harder and play better than what should be two vets in the league. It's definitely possible though.

If i had to take a shot at the forward group for opening day....this is pre import draft, if we select a F then I'd assume he is guaranteed a top 9 spot at least.

Voit - Namestnikov - Perreault
O'Donnell - Geci - Guy
Rea - Hill - Dann
Filak - MacDonell - McIntyre

I truly think Guy is kept and is named captain. There really isn't much of a choice otherwise, maybe Reesor but I don't think he's as vocal as Guy. For this reason, I think a import D is the best choice as keeping Guy likely sends Supryka out via trade.

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Another thing to keep in the back of your mind is the lack of draft picks Sarnia has to offer. Unless teams are willing to accept picks from 3-5 years down the road, then Sarnia does not have much to offer pick wise. If 2022/2023 is the year we are all pegging the Sting to go for it, we will need to find a way to replenish our picks for the 2023 draft. I believe we only have 2 picks in the first 5 rounds. Dealing Perreault and Supryka would take care of that issue.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
My only problem for them producing a ton will be ice time. 1 or both could be bottom 6 with limited special teams time.

They really are set up well. It'll be interesting to see the gameplan. If u add a legit import + multiple good 19 yr olds & this team could compete for sure. Then the following yr the whole F group returns Except Perreault
Problem with that is to get those 19 year olds we have to give up young players or draft picks that we don’t have a lot of. I think our forwards are set much better for the following year. I think you trade Perreault at deadline and load up.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Problem with that is to get those 19 year olds we have to give up young players or draft picks that we don’t have a lot of. I think our forwards are set much better for the following year. I think you trade Perreault at deadline and load up.
Do think the counter to that is the following year we'd have to add 3 Dmen. While also hoping Eveleigh, Daviault take good steps & are reliable D.

Mast-??
Eveleigh-??
Daviault-??

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
And i do agree it would be hard to go for it but looking back they got Jonathan Ang for Hinz & a 2nd, 3rd.

Hopefully Rae/Dann/O'Donnell/Filak are promising young Fs that if we wanted to go for it would have some value.

I could see them running 4 OAs for the first month. Determine which OA D are better. See if Guy took a step forward & can be T6.

It'll be interesting regardless. Have some options. I could see them being really good & adding but could also see them being a bit inconsistent so they sell a little.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
And i do agree it would be hard to go for it but looking back they got Jonathan Ang for Hinz & a 2nd, 3rd.

Hopefully Rae/Dann/O'Donnell/Filak are promising young Fs that if we wanted to go for it would have some value.

I could see them running 4 OAs for the first month. Determine which OA D are better. See if Guy took a step forward & can be T6.

It'll be interesting regardless. Have some options. I could see them being really good & adding but could also see them being a bit inconsistent so they sell a little.
I just think selling Perreault and a couple OA’s at the deadline for younger players and picks puts us in a good spot for the following year. We could use those picks to bring in older defenceman the following year

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad