Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Impressed by your young forwards Perreault, Leufvenius but particularly Rees. Very impressive young player. If you guys get a few D you will be dangerous next few years.

Reactions: robp1219

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
2019 Draft- team is missing our own 2nd,3rd & 4th but we have Sudbury 2nd
Would be nice to get that 3rd & 4th back.Maybe trade the rights for some of our no shows.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I believe Sarnia has their own 4th for 2019 draft. They sent it as a conditional to Sudbury in the Pezzetta deal last year & I'd assume it was for him returning which he did not. So we are only missing 3rd.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Ottawa looks amazing. I think they play London on Sportsnet today. Best of the west vs best of the east. Its really annoying when I read people saying it will be Sarnia's year in 2021, lol thats so far away.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ottawa looks amazing. I think they play London on Sportsnet today. Best of the west vs best of the east. Its really annoying when I read people saying it will be Sarnia's year in 2021, lol thats so far away.
Based on rees and Perrault alone not to mention all the other 2001 and 02 players I can’t imagine them not being contenders in 2021, be foolish to think they won’t..... thought dillingham-morelli looked solid in his debut, was not impressed by Tabak at all, I think it was the 4th goal was all his fault.

Reactions: dansk55

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sorry davew, but I don’t know where the talent surge will come from that will make the team significantly better next year. Beyond Rees and Perreault, there’s not a lot of star power to lead the team in 2019-20 season. Assuming McGregor, Hatcher and either Josling or Grima will be our OAs (the best we can hope for), there’s no replacement for Eliot, Hugo, or even Sproviero.
Even if we draft another “Perreault” and pull an import pick as good as Ottawa’s Rossi kid, we are nothing like Ottawa, London, etc.
AND we need to hope Langevin and Lamour get better. At the present level, neither are game stealers. Perhaps we can get a Prosvetov or Luukkonen parachuted in, similar to Saggy or Sudbury???
By 2020-21 season, all the 16-18 year old talent will be veterans, and that’s when real hope begins.

Reactions: robp1219

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Based on rees and Perrault alone not to mention all the other 2001 and 02 players I can’t imagine them not being contenders in 2021, be foolish to think they won’t..... thought dillingham-morelli looked solid in his debut, was not impressed by Tabak at all, I think it was the 4th goal was all his fault.
There were 10 opportunities to be at fault last night. Not too unique to be responsible for one...
Let’s not judge the kid on one game. He’s big and gangly and probably needs to grow into his body. Remember last year Hugo had terrible hands and now he’s scoring like crazy

Reactions: The Howler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
There were 10 opportunities to be at fault last night. Not too unique to be responsible for one...
Let’s not judge the kid on one game. He’s big and gangly and probably needs to grow into his body. Remember last year Hugo had terrible hands and now he’s scoring like crazy
I also remember Hugo having a bomb of a shot last year just like he does this year, I’m not judging the kid I realize he I young, all I’m saying was he had all the time in the world to make a simple and clear the puck and he didn’t and it led to a goal, and a few of the goals werent really anyone’s faults, some of them were just ottawa having unreal snipers and being a more veteran and skilled team.

Reactions: Texcanuck

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sorry davew, but I don’t know where the talent surge will come from that will make the team significantly better next year. Beyond Rees and Perreault, there’s not a lot of star power to lead the team in 2019-20 season. Assuming McGregor, Hatcher and either Josling or Grima will be our OAs (the best we can hope for), there’s no replacement for Eliot, Hugo, or even Sproviero.
Even if we draft another “Perreault” and pull an import pick as good as Ottawa’s Rossi kid, we are nothing like Ottawa, London, etc.
AND we need to hope Langevin and Lamour get better. At the present level, neither are game stealers. Perhaps we can get a Prosvetov or Luukkonen parachuted in, similar to Saggy or Sudbury???
By 2020-21 season, all the 16-18 year old talent will be veterans, and that’s when real hope begins.
I agree with the young kids being older in 2021 and sarnia being a good team, I can’t see langevin not being better next year, just the vibe I get from watching him, he has skill and just never gives up, I just think he will be better next year and a lot better in 2 years, I think lamour will be a solid tender next year , something I never really thought about Hughes, kid had skill and size but he had mental and confidence issues in the net

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I guess I should have made myself more clear ... I wasn't saying that the people who were saying 2021 were annoying, I was more saying that its annoying that we have to wait so damn long.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
What did everyone think about NDM? I thought he was solid and showed decent skill.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I guess I should have made myself more clear ... I wasn't saying that the people who were saying 2021 were annoying, I was more saying that its annoying that we have to wait so damn long.
Haha that makes much more sense! But we have a middle of the pack team this year and I personally think we will be abit better next year... then it’s 2021...better than not making the playoffs every other year (ciccarelli)

Reactions: Texcanuck

massey

Sep 5, 2012

if your going to start picking players and who caused individual goals last night then you must not be impressed with the entire team.Give him a break for his first game.Tabak debut was alright for his first game.this kid hasnt competed much up to this stage.Dillingham has great patience along with size so hopefully does well.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
What did everyone think about NDM? I thought he was solid and showed decent skill.
Defensemen are usually conspicuous by their mistakes. Not this guy. I was keeping a bit of an eye, while being very impressed by the 67s, and I saw a few good plays by him and no errors any worse than the rest of the team. He is not out of place at all.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
if your going to start picking players and who caused individual goals last night then you must not be impressed with the entire team.Give him a break for his first game.Tabak debut was alright for his first game.this kid hasnt competed much up to this stage.Dillingham has great patience along with size so hopefully does well.
All I said was he couldn’t clear the puck when he had all day and it lead to a goal, and nothing about his skill set impressed me

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Pretty sad the team couldn't even play a competitive game against the 67's with their backup in net. This team has lost 6 games in a row and don't even have a win in 2019 yet. They are also losing 1-0 a couple minutes into the game tonight against Flint with our supposed "1st String" goalie in net. Other than Flint every other team in the West has multiple games in hand. There's a good chance we could finish 9th.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Not sure what the hell happened but this team looks absolutely horrible since the home & home with London. This keeps up they'll be 8th within the next two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad