News Article: Sarah McLellan's "Where They Stand" feature

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'm just gonna throw this out there - adding a pest or a heavyweight is the very last thing that should be on the Coyotes' to-do list. There are other far more important issues to address first.

If money is going to be an issue for this team(when it shouldn't really considering the new ownership we got) then getting a pest or heavyweight or a 4th line of those players is going to be cheaper than obtaining a real 1st line. Others will argue to that having such a line would have at least helped us pick up one of the lower seeds in the 2014 NHL Playoffs.

Last edited:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Wow, he made it 12 games with no suspension. How can you count this season when he hardly played? It doesn't matter how the fans feel about how questionable the hits were. The league saw them as illegal hits and that corrective action was needed. Raffi is one questionable hit away from a lengthy suspension.

Let's see! The playoffs are a more intense time in the season than the regular season and he managed to not get suspended, even when facing a huge rival for the Sharks. Other players in the league besides Raffi have been fined or suspended for making a questionable move or 2. Oh and as far as lengthy suspension is concerned, changes in the CBA have made it to where it's going to be more and more difficult for the NHL to hand down a suspension of the same number that Raffi and Bertuzzi have received in the past. Don't think what I bolded is true, then how come the NHL didn't give Torres a bigger suspension than the 25 Games he received in the 2012 Playoffs in the 2nd Round of the 2013 Playoffs? Why did Matt Cooke only get 7 games in these playoffs despite having a rap sheet far worse than that of Raffi Torres?

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Let's see! The playoffs are a more intense time in the season than the regular season and he managed to not get suspended, even when facing a huge rival for the Sharks. Other players in the league besides Raffi have been fined or suspended for making a questionable move or 2. Oh and as far as lengthy suspension is concerned, changes in the CBA have made it to where it's going to be more and more difficult for the NHL to hand down a suspension of the same number that Raffi and Bertuzzi have received in the past. Don't think what I bolded is true, then how come the NHL didn't give Torres a bigger suspension than the 25 Games he received in the 2012 Playoffs in the 2nd Round of the 2013 Playoffs? Why did Matt Cooke only get 7 games in these playoffs despite having a rap sheet far worse than that of Raffi Torres?

Lengthy isn't an exact number and can be open to interpretation. The fact that you decided to make it bold and to to assume I wouldn't believe you is beyond me.

Numbers are 12 games regardless of how you feel about it.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
And yet in the entire 2013 season, Torres was suspended only 1 time for a hit that wasn't even dirty. Bordeline? Sure, but not dirty.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
And yet in the entire 2013 season, Torres was suspended only 1 time for a hit that wasn't even dirty. Bordeline? Sure, but not dirty.

2012-2013 season or the 2013-2014 season? Fans opinions don't count. It matters is how the league sees it because they are the ones dealing out the punishments. So because there was punishment the action must have been illegal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad