Online Series: Santa Clarita Diet

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Watched the first 4-5 episodes last night. Enjoyed it. Kind of just wish it were a movie vs a series, but still enjoy it enough to finish the season.

This going to be a one and done 10 episode season? Struggle to see how this could go multiple seasons and still be worth watching.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Watched the first 4-5 episodes last night. Enjoyed it. Kind of just wish it were a movie vs a series, but still enjoy it enough to finish the season.

This going to be a one and done 10 episode season? Struggle to see how this could go multiple seasons and still be worth watching.

The 10th episode kind of sets it up. Will be interesting to see how they take going into the second season.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Finished the season last night. Enjoyed it. Didn't love it, but will watch S2 when/if it happens. Did a quick Google search and while it looks like that will be the case, S2 isn't confirmed yet.

But I stand by my stance I think I'd have preferred if this were just a 90 minute movie.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Finished it up. It's a cute light hearted dark comedy. Will definitely watch a season 2 when it happens.

I like the Dexter as a comedy comparison, it's more about family trying to be normal in an odd situation than a 'zombie show'.

So I guess it's a sitzom.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Loved it. Guess I just enjoy the dark humor. I think it was around episode 8 where it got really funny for me. The glue gun part was hilarious.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I've seen the first 4 episodes. It's... fine? Not great, or even good for that matter, but it certainly isn't bad. There's just enough there for me to keep watching.

I'm not sure if I've liked Drew Barrymore in anything, so that might be part of what is holding be back. Olyphant is great and the real standout in the show. The nerdy kid is pretty good too.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think it's a matter of your opinion of absurd dark humour.
The show more than once got an audible laugh out of me, including in the first episode.
It took to around ep4 or 5 then the wife ended up hooked too. And she smiled and chuckled a few times after that.
After the first episode she didn't want to watch ep2

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I've seen the first 4 episodes. It's... fine? Not great, or even good for that matter, but it certainly isn't bad. There's just enough there for me to keep watching.

I'm not sure if I've liked Drew Barrymore in anything, so that might be part of what is holding be back. Olyphant is great and the real standout in the show. The nerdy kid is pretty good too.

I agree with this 100%

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The 10th episode kind of sets it up. Will be interesting to see how they take going into the second season.

Spoilers for the whole season:

[SPOIL]I thought it was a very odd way to end the season. Sometimes you'll see shows end on a note that you see a hint or a cliffhanger for a second season, but season 1 still sort of works as a self-contained story if they don't get green-lit for season 2.

This show didn't feel like that at all. There was no payoff. Seriously, none of the loose ends were tied up whatsoever, so it looked like all along that they thought they were going to get a 2nd season. All we're left with is that the cure might work, but the doctor won't be there to administer it... but they can still manage without her. OK? It felt like more the end to an episode than an end to a season. I actually thought there were more interesting cliffhangers from episode to episode than there was at the end of the season going into a potential season 2.[/SPOIL]

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Little late to the party, but loving this show. Fresh/funny take on the whole Zombie thing.

I am 8 episodes in and dying to finish it when I get home (started yesterday)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I quite honestly could not tell you why I've watched 2 seasons of this. I guess it's because it's so easily digestible with only ten 30 minute episodes. But yeah, there really isn't anything that draws me into this show, yet I have watched it all for whatever reason. The writing is pretty bad TBH.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
Couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the pilot. So bad, it was cringeworthy. A shame really, because I love Olyphant.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
Couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the pilot. So bad, it was cringeworthy. A shame really, because I love Olyphant.

I see you really gave it chance to grow on you. If you love Olyphant I suggest you watch more than 5 minutes because he makes this show great.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Really really late to the party.
Just started watching about a week ago.
I watch it with my 12-year-old daughter, and we enjoy it.
(she did not see episodes 1 & 2 of season 1)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I see you really gave it chance to grow on you. If you love Olyphant I suggest you watch more than 5 minutes because he makes this show great.
I agree he just makes it work. It's not your typical zombie show/movie with the mix of humor and them trying to juggle being parents while having to feed Barrymore's character. And let's face it...i'll spoiler tag this part since it's from season 2 and not every one has likely seen it...

Nathan Fillion as a zombie head is just great. Wish he had received more screen time.

Reactions: Beantown Beatdown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad