Recalled/Assigned: Sanguinetti up from Utica (UPD: Reassigned to Utica)

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
His AHL numbers are pretty impressive but the same could be said for MA Gragnani or TJ Brennan who have never been able to carve out a role in the NHL for themselves so those can be a bit misleading. His KHL numbers however are great for a dman and his team wasn't very good (missed playoffs) so it's not like he was feeding off a bunch of offensive superstars for points (the highest scorer on his team only had 23 pts). He's nearing that make-or-break point in his career and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot up here with some powerplay time.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Agreed but this is primarily because we know what Weber brings at the NHL level. BS is still an unknown, especially to the Western Conference. It doesn't necessarily mean that their abilities are all that different.

Being an unknown though would put one at the disadvantage, is i'm saying, considering he hasn't played much in the NHL. If injuries occur to the point where he gets plenty of games, i'd be supporting him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'd love to see him on the 2nd unit PP to give Bonino some help there(Burrows and Higgins are more effective 5v5 and Hamhuis isn't much of a PP d-man).

Even just a couple of games, just to see if he's capable.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'd love to see him on the 2nd unit PP to give Bonino some help there(Burrows and Higgins are more effective 5v5 and Hamhuis isn't much of a PP d-man).

Even just a couple of games, just to see if he's capable.

I agree. Our second unit can't get any worse and I think this guy still has a small chance of developing further based on his stats from the KHL last year.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Being an unknown though would put one at the disadvantage, is i'm saying, considering he hasn't played much in the NHL. If injuries occur to the point where he gets plenty of games, i'd be supporting him.

Absolutely. At some point all 'unknowns' had to be given a chance to prove themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad