Recalled/Assigned: Sanguinetti up from Utica (UPD: Reassigned to Utica)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sbisa was still absent from practice today and now Bieksa, as well. Guessing they might not be good to go for Friday.

IIRC, the comments in the Utica thread regarding Sanguinetti's play thus far have been quite positive.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
What a wonderful name for a call up.

san·guine
ˈsaNGɡwən/
adjective
optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Sbisa was still absent from practice today and now Bieksa, as well. Guessing they might not be good to go for Friday.

IIRC, the comments in the Utica thread regarding Sanguinetti's play thus far have been quite positive.

orcatown has consistently called him Utica's best D-man, and it seems like Green agrees with that assessment though I think Biega deserves some consideration too. Hope he does well. Looks like Hamhuis-Weber on the 2nd pairing?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
orcatown has consistently called him Utica's best D-man, and it seems like Green agrees with that assessment though I think Biega deserves some consideration too. Hope he does well. Looks like Hamhuis-Weber on the 2nd pairing?

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Stanton-Sanguinetti

More than a little scary

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
So here's a question...

Does he have to clear waivers to be sent back down?

i.e. is this essentially a free showcase for the kid. with how well he's put up points on a 1st place Utica team.. i'm sure he's been noticed by a few scouts out there...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So here's a question...

Does he have to clear waivers to be sent back down?

i.e. is this essentially a free showcase for the kid. with how well he's put up points on a 1st place Utica team.. i'm sure he's been noticed by a few scouts out there...

Doesn't have to clear waivers. Same situation as Defazio.

Because he's already cleared waivers this year, he's fine as long as his stint on our roster isn't an extended one (I believe it's 10 games or 30 days).

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Can someone explain how he scored 50 points in 60 games in the AHL in 2011-2012?

Did he get switched to forward?

You'd think that someone would have put a player with elite AHL numbers somewhere on their roster.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Stanton-Sanguinetti

More than a little scary

Strangely enough I'm interested to see how that D-corps does, especially if they shelter that 3rd pairing defensively - which they may or may not need to do depending how good Sanguinetti is.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
No corrado? Thats to shatter his confidense thats to bad but for canucks hope this guy suprises and does good

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Can someone explain how he scored 50 points in 60 games in the AHL in 2011-2012?

You'd think that someone would have put a player with elite AHL numbers somewhere on their roster.

Marc-Andre Gragnani scored 60 in 63 in 2010-11

Didn't work very well for us, did it...

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

I guess we'll find out first hand what his shortcomings are soon enough. I just hope he can skate.

For all the mistakes Sbisa makes, he ends up highly reducing the risks he creates with his speed

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Doesn't have to clear waivers. Same situation as Defazio.

Because he's already cleared waivers this year, he's fine as long as his stint on our roster isn't an extended one (I believe it's 10 games or 30 days).

You are right! 10 games or 30 days on roster since last clear.

1) Season Waiver Exemption

He does have to clear waivers in a season.

Bobby Sanguinetti's waiver exemption of 4 year(s) and 143 career NHL regular season and playoff game(s) has ended. He has been credited with 6 year(s) and 45 career game(s). Please see notes above for scenarios where the player could be waiver exempt, such as if he already cleared waivers during the 2014-15 season.
[Source: Capgeek]

2) Situational Waiver Exemption

Is he exempt as an emergency recall, previous exposure, or conditional assignment?

YES! He was previously exposed as he was exposed to waivers on September 27, 2014. So, he is fine unless/until he gets 10 or more games or 30 or more days on the NHL roster (do not believe it has to be consecutive).

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Yes and it will be interesting to see how Andersson does without him.

Skriko

Jul 27, 2014

He wasn't forward in Brampton (with Hodgson and Duchene) either when he scored 29 goals and 70 points in 61 games :) Those 2011-12 Charlotte stats were solid, because Checkers had few offensive players with him. He had been good offensive defenseman in AHL his whole career, but i don't still waiting success in NHL. Hope that i'm wrong with that and he fits Willie's system better than Tortorella/Muller.

Last edited:

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
What a wonderful name for a call up.

san·guine
ˈsaNGɡwən/
adjective
optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation.

And Etti being Old Persian for "star". Or Italian for 'good with bolognese'.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
I guess we'll find out first hand what his shortcomings are soon enough. I just hope he can skate.

For all the mistakes Sbisa makes, he ends up highly reducing the risks he creates with his speed

He set an AHL record at the skating competition.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Willie said they expect bieksa to be around tomorrow, for what its worth, sounded more like he was sick or something to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad