Sanguinetti and the scouting war surrounding him

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Here on HF there is a mixed reaction towards Bobby Sanguinetti, D from Owen Sound, 06 eligible.

but it extends beyond us...

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=5006245&postcount=30

Apparently Mr. Woodlief doesnt care much for him while...

the ISS disagrees and even takes a shot at RLR about it...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10684&hubname=

Bobby Sanguinetti, Owen Sound Attack (OHL)

Sanguinetti continues to get better in every viewing to the point whereby he may become a franchise defenseman. He helped lead the Owen Sound Attack to a 5 game demolition of the highly touted Kitchener Rangers by playing 25 minutes a night in all situations. The ridiculous comments by some scouting services about his deficiencies are laughable in that his game is as complete as almost any other d-man in the draft. Although he isn’t overly physical, he certainly cannot be intimidated and plays strong in his offensive end and uses excellent technique.

funny stuff, huh?

MetalMilitia

Jan 8, 2005
I'm guessing that the negative comments were said because the person(s) making those comments didn't see Sangs enough here in Owen Sound. Whatever it is, they are wrong.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
redwingfan33 said:
I'm guessing that the negative comments were said because the person(s) making those comments didn't see Sangs enough here in Owen Sound. Whatever it is, they are wrong.

So, what's your impression of him? You see him play...

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Don't know why but every time I read the name Sanguinetti, I have Ron Hainsey in my mind...

who has turned out to be a decent defenseman for Columbus. Couldn't have been a problem in Montreal though because we all know that Montreal is the mecca when it comes to developing young players.........

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
BobbyClarkeFan16 said:
who has turned out to be a decent defenseman for Columbus. Couldn't have been a problem in Montreal though because we all know that Montreal is the mecca when it comes to developing young players.........

Most of the players that we drafted under Andre Savard and Trevor Timmins have good attitude, so it's allright right now...just look at Komisarek, Plekanec, Perezhogin and Higgins...

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Most of the players that we drafted under Andre Savard and Trevor Timmins have good attitude, so it's allright right now...just look at Komisarek, Plekanec, Perezhogin and Higgins...
I agree ..
Hainsey always had the skills to play in the NHL ... but he wasn't the right pick for montreal .. not the hardest worker and there's lots of pression here so you have to perform fast !

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Sanguinetti is a solid defender who is an 88 bday. He's oozing potential and has played very well in this years OHL playoffs despite his relative inexperience. I think he's going to be a good NHL defender that puts up some decent point numbers.

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Do you think he will be the second defenseman taken overall and if so who needs a d-man?

I have read plenty of things of people who love him and people who hate him, from that I get that he has good potential or bust potential.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I've talked to a former coach of his who has nothing but positive things to say about him both on and off the ice. Sounds like a solid top 10 pick.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
inferno98 said:
Do you think he will be the second defenseman taken overall and if so who needs a d-man?

I have read plenty of things of people who love him and people who hate him, from that I get that he has good potential or bust potential.
hockeydb lists him as a rw

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
When reviewing the evaluation of Sanguinetti, people on this board should be aware that the "I" in "ISS" certainly does not stand for "independent".

That is, Mark Seidel, the proprietor and head scout for ISS, also happens to be the head scout for... ta daahh... the Owen Sound Attack.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Juan said:
When reviewing the evaluation of Sanguinetti, people on this board should be aware that the "I" in "ISS" certainly does not stand for "independent".

That is, Mark Seidel, the proprietor and head scout for ISS, also happens to be the head scout for... ta daahh... the Owen Sound Attack.

So you're saying there's some sort of conspiracy theory eh? Otherwise, I would say that I would trust his opinion MORE since he's seen him so much.

Sammy*

Legionnaire said:
So you're saying there's some sort of conspiracy theory eh? Otherwise, I would say that I would trust his opinion MORE since he's seen him so much.
No, I think he's saying he's biased.
Given that he's a member of the Attack org, & Sanguinetti plays for the Attack, I would say thats a logical conclusion.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Sammy said:
No, I think he's saying he's biased.
Given that he's a member of the Attack org, & Sanguinetti plays for the Attack, I would say thats a logical conclusion.

What does he gain from being biased though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad