Injury Report: Sandin out Weeks

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Definitely not. Dermott was out with Sandin healthy. Giordano (for now) basically replaces Sandin on the roster, so Dermott would still be on the outside looking in.
Except they need more depth for the playoffs when it’s hard to count on Muzzin finishing a series or how Sandin will be if it’s a serious knee injury.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Except they need more depth for the playoffs when it’s hard to count on Muzzin finishing a series or how Sandin will be if it’s a serious knee injury.

Well Leafs don’t get Giordano or Blackwell unless Dermott is moved. So who would you rather have the aforementioned two or Dermott?

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Well Leafs don’t get Giordano or Blackwell unless Dermott is moved. So who would you rather have the aforementioned two or Dermott?
Glad they got Gio. I have no opinion on Blackwell. If they thought Sandin may be out long term, they should have waited before shipping Dermott and not taken on Blackwell or used more of their LTIR space.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
full

That leg does not look right.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Ideally once playoffs start some form of the below 6 will be our starting D.
Rielly - Lybushkin
Gio - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl

Dubas had insulated Sandin and Lilly from being playoff starters which was a wise move. One more year of growth before being thrown to the playoff wolves is best.

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Ideally once playoffs start some form of the below 6 will be our starting D.
Rielly - Lybushkin
Gio - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl

Dubas had insulated Sandin and Lilly from being playoff starters which was a wise move. One more year of growth before being thrown to the playoff wolves is best.
I would try out Lilly with Muzzin to see if there is anything there first.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Odd injury. Sandin was on the ice with 2 minutes left in the last game. He looked fine, wasn't favouring the leg. He simply finished his shift then didn't return. Hopefully its something that just requires rest or immobilization for a few weeks. He wasn't carried off the ice.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Hopefully he and Muzz can get back by playoffs. On the bright side Liljegren can keep playing in case Lyubushkin/Holl regress down the stretch.

Pairing him with Gio would be extremely interesting.
I’m really excited to see Liljegren paired with Giordano. Playing with a guy like Gio will definitely help Liljegren’s development. Has the makings to be the best third pair in the league.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I’m really excited to see Liljegren paired with Giordano. Playing with a guy like Gio will definitely help Liljegren’s development. Has the makings to be the best third pair in the league.
I mean Sandin-Liljegren were already arguably the best 3rd pairing in the league both offensively and defensively anyways.

Adding Gio could definitely make it so. I would almost reduce the Brodie/Holl/Rielly minutes down the stretch and roll 3 pairs to keep everybody fresh for the gauntlet we face in the playoffs.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Sandin looks stronger this year and more physically involved

Unfortunate injury timing

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Technically you are so wrong.
You earn a silver and bronze.There’s always,only one winner.;)

If you want to use "earn" as your main verb so be it..... it really isn't the proper use in the context you trying to say.

You earned Gold by winning the Gold Medal Game
You earned Silver by losing the Gold Medal Game
You earned Bronze by winning the Bronze Medal Game
You earned 4th Place by losing the Bronze Medal Game

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad