Prospect Info: San Jose's #6 prospect

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not going to be around later so posted this one a little early.

1) Mirco Mueller-40.57%
2) Nikolai Goldobin-70.15%
3) Chris Tierney-52.70%
4) Konrad Abelthauser-68.00%
5) Julius Bergman-46.67%

Again, if anyone feels I have missed a prospect, please tell me and I will add him to the next poll.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Not sure about the boom part... like 3rd line or bust

Varnier, Brodzinski, Chartier, O'Regan, Boudreau all have good (top 6 / top 4) upside if things go right...they also all come with quite a bit of risk.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I know nothing about O'Regan, so could you explain a little?

Small skilled playmaker with a high motor. Has shown high-end skill but had a bad last year due to playing through some serious injury (or so I hear). Drafted as a center but could make a very good winger. I think he's pretty clearly the most skilled player on this list.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Small skilled playmaker with a high motor. Has shown high-end skill but had a bad last year due to playing through some serious injury (or so I hear). Drafted as a center but could make a very good winger. I think he's pretty clearly the most skilled player on this list.

I like the sound of that. We need more playmaking wingers. How's his defensive play?

whlscowt

I like the sound of that. We need more playmaking wingers. How's his defensive play?

This year it was a little rough for him (in all respects really, but chalk that up to contstant injuries and a new coach) but the year before he displayed better than average defensive prowess. He took a lot of zone start faceoffs, played in all situations, and despite his size handled bigger players fairly well. I'd probably give O'Regan the edge in terms of positioning, and just defensive skill when comparing him to Nieto--at least in 12-13 when they were teammates. Not that Nieto is the pinnacle of defense, but that should give you an idea of his potential--that is unless he's on a major decline.

juicyrebound

May 15, 2012
San Diego
If I'm correct he got benched for a game with some other players too... I don't remember hearing a reason but I'll assume he likes to party. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad