GDT: San Jose Sharks @ Red Wings - 8:00 EST - FSD

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Holland signed Daley to help the Wings make the playoffs. he didn't sign him to trade him for a 6th round pick two years from now. Now obviously Holland should have known prior to signing Daley that his signing wouldn't make any difference as to whether the Wings make the playoffs.

It was just another short sighted signing.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Holland signed Daley to help the Wings make the playoffs. he didn't sign him to trade him for a 6th round pick two years from now. Now obviously Holland should have known prior to signing Daley that his signing wouldn't make any difference as to whether the Wings make the playoffs.

It was just another short sighted signing.
Or he could have signed him for dual purposes. Help the team if they by some miracle perform better, have an extra asset to sell if they don’t.

But I’m sure it couldn’t possibly be YOU who are shortsighted.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Nobody is asking for Daley to be Doughty or Karlsson.

Also I'm not sure I agree with any of what you said regarding Daley. I don't think he has made anyone better, I don't think he has done anything to really improve a mediocre to awful defensive core. I don't think Daley was a terrible signing, but good? Meh.

You're being too kind. We don't have a defensive core, not even an awful one :laugh: Perhaps you meant to say corps?

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Or he could have signed him for dual purposes. Help the team if they by some miracle perform better, have an extra asset to sell if they don’t.

But I’m sure it couldn’t possibly be YOU who are shortsighted.

Faith in miracles or a 6th round pick after suffering through 3 years of uninspiring hockey... yeah Holland is a mastermind.

I'm curious how long Kenny's known he might be moving on. The last couple years have amounted to him just wasting our time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad