San Jose Sharks #8 prospect

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I realize this is bringing it up at a bad time, but wouldn't these series of polls be more prudent after training camp? We'd get to see a lot more of some of these prospects, and it will be less-influenced by the post-draft hysteria.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Could you please correct the spelling of the names of three prospects? Joonas Donskoi, Petter Emanuelsson and Nikita Jevpalovs.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
It's Sadowy time, again.

I have him and LaBanc after Rod but I'm having a hard time ranking those two specifically. Labanc has the higher potential but I'm 50/50 if he makes the NHL. Sadowy I see as a NHLer but not as impactful. Gut says LaBanc and my head says Sadowy.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
He would be my fifth choice here.

That's certainly understandable, it's getting hard to choose at this point. For those of us who don't get a chance to see a lot of the prospects very often we're just going off limited highlights, or things we've read. I would be curious to see your top ten though, as well as anyone else who wants to post theirs.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That's certainly understandable, it's getting hard to choose at this point. For those of us who don't get a chance to see a lot of the prospects very often we're just going off limited highlights, or things we've read. I would be curious to see your top ten though, as well as anyone else who wants to post theirs.

I'm not gonna claim to be an expect on most of the guys still on the board at this time but for Jevpalovs, I just can't get that excited by a QMJHL overager.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I have him and LaBanc after Rod but I'm having a hard time ranking those two specifically. Labanc has the higher potential but I'm 50/50 if he makes the NHL. Sadowy I see as a NHLer but not as impactful. Gut says LaBanc and my head says Sadowy.

I think Sadowy has the higher potential if he can work on his edgework and stride. He had 0 help in Saginaw this year playing with 2 17 year olds on the top line after they traded Lodge and Moutrey. He almost doubled the goal output from the next best scorer on the team and is the most complete forward in the OHL.

Labanc is great on the PK, but his shot and vision is not up to par with Sadowy's.

Neither has an obscene ceiling, but I believe Sadowy's is higher.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think my next three are Sadowy, Rod, Labanc. But Brodzinski, McNally, or Jevpalovs could sneak in.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
I'm not gonna claim to be an expect on most of the guys still on the board at this time but for Jevpalovs, I just can't get that excited by a QMJHL overager.

I know it was one game, not even really a game, but he looked really good with Goldobin and O'Reagan. That shouldn't sway an opinion by itself, but he didn't look out of place against a couple of NHL players. If that's his normal game then I really think he'll be good. In the QMJHL he was an overager, but he wasn't the oldest in that scrimmage by a longshot.

Actually the whole line was fairly dominant. O'Regan looked really good, and Goldobin looked like he was just messing around a bit, while still playing well.

Again, just one game, but it made me far more optimistic.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I know it was one game, not even really a game, but he looked really good with Goldobin and O'Reagan. That shouldn't sway an opinion by itself, but he didn't look out of place against a couple of NHL players. If that's his normal game then I really think he'll be good. In the QMJHL he was an overager, but he wasn't the oldest in that scrimmage by a longshot.

Actually the whole line was fairly dominant. O'Regan looked really good, and Goldobin looked like he was just messing around a bit, while still playing well.

Again, just one game, but it made me far more optimistic.

Yeah I respect that. I just know that we all have a tendency to read too much into one intrasquad scrimmage.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: