Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yegor Rimashevskiy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I don't follow NCAA hockey very closely but isn't Hockey East generally considered the toughest conference by a fair margin? Lund's scoring should be taken in that context IMO. For example Cale Makar only scored 21 points in 34 games for UMass his freshman year. Lund will probably need to make the NHL as a scorer though so if the numbers aren't there next season it's fair to bump his down or off this list.
HE, B10 and NCHC all tend to alternate which is the stronger conference and I wouldn’t look too much into Lund’s stats. I watched him a bunch last year and he had a good true freshman season. He was somewhat inconsistent but he’s still putting the pieces together. Dominant at times and the puck would stick to him like a magnet. I think when he does put all the pieces together he’ll be a very good player with top 6 upside. I’d expect a decent increase in scoring this year. Something along the lines of 15-20 goals and 35-40 pts.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
People were fawning over Bordeleau this time last year. It was sacrilege to suggest he shouldn't start the season in the NHL.

Nobody should be drawing any conclusions based on games at the end of a lost season. They're about as meaningful and intense as preseason games.
I think it had less to do with the games he played and more to do with if we admit that bordeleau is bad then we have to admit we have no future because our prospect pool was in shambles.

This is a fan base that hasn't experienced really any good young prospects for a very long time.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I went with Gushchin. I think there was just a drop in tier and I have all of Bordeleau, Gushchin, Havelid, Halttunen, Lund around the same. I went with Gushchin because I think he’s the most likely to reach his potential (at this point in time). I noticed Bordeleau was very perimeter in his last year at Michigan. I think he can still get to his potential but I think he needs to change his game a bit.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I went with Gushchin, and I have him and Lund, above Bordeleau. Gushchin was essentially a PPG from Feb to the end of the season in the AHL with 25 points in 26 games. His improvement tracks with his adjustment to the USHL and OHL too. For me, Bordeleau just sort of stagnated last year.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I went with Gushchin, and I have him and Lund, above Bordeleau. Gushchin was essentially a PPG from Feb to the end of the season in the AHL with 25 points in 26 games. His improvement tracks with his adjustment to the USHL and OHL too. For me, Bordeleau just sort of stagnated last year.
It looked the same when they played just by the eye test. Bords just stalled and I really dont think he looked good at all. I hope he flipped a switch and put in some work this offseason.

I dont really see how you can vote Lund this year even if he looks to pop off.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It looked the same when they played just by the eye test. Bords just stalled and I really dont think he looked good at all. I hope he flipped a switch and put in some work this offseason.

I dont really see how you can vote Lund this year even if he looks to pop off.
Lund over Bordeleau? Lund is still somewhat unknown, but given his size and profile I think he has more potential to be an impact player than Bordeleau now, given Bordeleau's performance last year.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I went with Gushchin. I think there was just a drop in tier and I have all of Bordeleau, Gushchin, Havelid, Halttunen, Lund around the same. I went with Gushchin because I think he’s the most likely to reach his potential (at this point in time). I noticed Bordeleau was very perimeter in his last year at Michigan. I think he can still get to his potential but I think he needs to change his game a bit.

Yeah, it seems reasonable that four out of these five prospects will be in the Sharks top 10.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany

From the 1st word to the last this is exactly what I was thinking. Nailed it

Reactions: Lebanezer

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I’m always a fan of seeing a player get better and better through a season, to me it speaks volumes of their hockey IQ and willingness to adapt to the game. Guschin did that, then he got into the NHL and looked pretty good there, too. I think Goose is likely starting in the AHL, but is going to win a top 6 NHL spot sometime during the season. He strikes me as a really smart kid and he just keeps growing.

I balance my votes here with NHL readiness and ceiling and I think, out of the guys remaining, Guschin has shown he can adapt to higher level of play while still playing the game he’s always played — that leads me to believe he’s got the biggest chance of reaching his (fairly high) potential.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Gotta be Gushchin for me. Looked great in his time up. Unbelievable shot.

Would've been Bordeleau but he took a huge step back last season, in terms of his NHL readiness.
I'd be interested in some more context about Bordeleau taking a step back. I'll admit being from East I dont get to watch tons of him last year but stricly looking at his stats, 41 points (22 goals) in 65 games as a rookie in the AHL is pretty good. Not earth shattering but still pretty good.

Reactions: Sandisfan

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I'd be interested in some more context about Bordeleau taking a step back. I'll admit being from East I dont get to watch tons of him last year but stricly looking at his stats, 41 points (22 goals) in 65 games as a rookie in the AHL is pretty good. Not earth shattering but still pretty good.
Personally he reminds me of Grimaldi who will not make the NHL but put up great numbers as a career 1st line AHL player.

Reactions: De Montreal

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Personally he reminds me of Grimaldi who will not make the NHL but put up great numbers as a career 1st line AHL player.

I have some hope for Bordeleau. It sounds like he’s putting in a ton of work over the summer and I think he’s pretty upset about his play at the end of the season. He’s talented and smart and I think he can adapt to the NHL and find his way. I do think he needs to play center though, which is tough because I don’t want him playing on the 4th line, and he’s not better than Sturm, Hertl or Couture.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
He didn't take a step back but he didn't take a step forward either. Depending on how you view that will be how you judge bords

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
He didn't really step forward at even strength. Just a passive cerebral type of player right now and he doesn't really affect the pace of play right now. He's got most of the tools and vision but he needs to add a lot more active engagement to his game to get to the next level

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad