• Michael Fisher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I’m curious what you think, but to my eye it didn’t seem like Bordeleau really improved on his weaknesses last year much if at all. To me, it kinda seemed like he was trying to lean into his strengths, which aren’t good enough to make an NHL squad alone, rather than addressing his problem areas. Do you agree?

So let's get the first part out of the way. I don't really feel like he improved much on weaknesses. End of the year, his issues were still his play without the puck on his stick, in both zones.

I feel like he makes an attempt at playing defense but just isn't very good at it. In the offensive zone, though, I think he's too passive. And that one seems like something he should've improved on at some point over the course of the year once he got used to playing at this level. That's going to be the one thing worth watching when the season starts. What's Bordeleau doing 5 on 5 when he doesn't have the puck?

Last edited:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Thrun- feels like a safe bottom pairing guy and his likelihood of top 4 seems greater than Guschin, Lund, or Haultenen becoming top 6. If one of those guys becomes a top 6, we’d be thrilled.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Lund and Haltunnen seem like prime Top 6 candidates. Especially Lund. Which begs the question; does that make Guschin and Bordeleau expendable? seems like both guys are talented and highly thought of players. I’ve backed both Guschin and Bords openly and would love to see both rise to the level of earning top 6 minutes. I can’t help but feel in overall package terms, they’ve both been surpassed by recent draft picks.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Lund and Haltunnen seem like prime Top 6 candidates. Especially Lund. Which begs the question; does that make Guschin and Bordeleau expendable? seems like both guys are talented and highly thought of players. I’ve backed both Guschin and Bords openly and would love to see both rise to the level of earning top 6 minutes. I can’t help but feel in overall package terms, they’ve both been surpassed by recent draft picks.
I think its way too early to say that about Halttunen in particular. Just sounds like Shiny New Toy syndrome to me (kind of the same with Thrun, to be honest, though I do think he's going to be in the NHL for years).

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
it means there is competition for spots throughout the lineup over the next few years. The Sharks will hope they all grow into legitimate NHL players. Thats all you can do right now is hope.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
it means there is competition for spots throughout the lineup over the next few years. The Sharks will hope they all grow into legitimate NHL players. Thats all you can do right now is hope.
Yup. The Sharks are at the point where it makes sense to play every lottery ticket they have--and if you somehow end up with a few winners from the batch (a few of your second-tier prospects hitting their ceilings), that's a fantastic problem to have.

And really, I think these prospects aren't good enough that they're worth cashing in on via trades for established NHL players, nor do they have strong enough prospect status that they'd actually fetch much of anything right now. (And, of course, the Sharks are also not at the point in their rebuild where it makes much sense to turn prospects into NHL players, either.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad