• Brandon Svoboda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Fisher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
And you have Bordeleau after all them? Not that I specifically contest it, but, why?
I just don’t see NHL potential with Bords. I see a good AHL player. He doesn’t have the compete needed to play down the middle. He is a player that needs the puck on his stick to be successful but has zero tools or drive to get the puck and relies on line mates to get the puck for him.

Reactions: jMoneyBrah

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I just don’t see NHL potential with Bords. I see a good AHL player. He doesn’t have the compete needed to play down the middle. He is a player that needs the puck on his stick to be successful but has zero tools or drive to get the puck and relies on line mates to get the puck for him.
Sounds a lot like one of the sharks best centers right now.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Bordeleau needs a year in the AHL to work on a lot of things this season, not a push forward onto the NHL squad as I've seen some suggesting. I think I've got him behind Gushchin now as far as the Cuda players go, 22-23 really put a magnifying glass over his flaws.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I know his stats at Northeastern last season weren't eye popping but I think Lund has the most intriguing toolkit of anyone remaining. 6'2" 195, wicked release, great hands, decent skater. Just turned 19 last month too. He seems like another top six or bust guy despite his size but I like his chances to get there better than Bordeleau or Gushchin at this point.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I know his stats at Northeastern last season weren't eye popping but I think Lund has the most intriguing toolkit of anyone remaining. 6'2" 195, wicked release, great hands, decent skater. Just turned 19 last month too. He seems like another top six or bust guy despite his size but I like his chances to get there better than Bordeleau or Gushchin at this point.
He's 6'3" now apparently.

1689104928393.png

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I voted Thrun this time but I plan to vote for Lund next. I look for NHL quality attributes and his ability to put the puck in the net trumps anything from the remaining prospects.

Reactions: Hodge

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I voted Thrun this time but I plan to vote for Lund next. I look for NHL quality attributes and his ability to put the puck in the net trumps anything from the remaining prospects.
I like that we have a bunch of these guys now with a ~20% chance to make it. Between Lund, Bystedt, Halttunen, Gushchin and Bordeleau I think we can expect at least one to develop into a top nine forward over the next few years.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay

Yeah. That’s fair from what little I’ve seen. I like the deception that he has with the puck on his stick, but at the NHL level right now he doesn’t look to be bringing more than that and some playmaking.

I’m not prospect expert, but I also worry about players that lack an NHL level shot, as it requires that they be that much better at all other aspects to justify a spot in the lineup. Nothing I’ve seen so far indicates Bordeleau has that shot. And like you said the off-puck aspects of his game aren’t adding much right now.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Bordeleau needs a year in the AHL to work on a lot of things this season, not a push forward onto the NHL squad as I've seen some suggesting. I think I've got him behind Gushchin now as far as the Cuda players go, 22-23 really put a magnifying glass over his flaws.
I’m curious what you think, but to my eye it didn’t seem like Bordeleau really improved on his weaknesses last year much if at all. To me, it kinda seemed like he was trying to lean into his strengths, which aren’t good enough to make an NHL squad alone, rather than addressing his problem areas. Do you agree?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad